Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
duffarama said:
In English we had a maths debate and I achieved a B+ for that. I forgot to bring my laptop as an aid, hence most of the class received A+s. I mean, if you are going to have a debate, shouldn't you be talking without notes? Palm cards if anything?
laptop as an aid? how's that possible?

In my school, everything digital except watches is banned.

duffarama said:
I am at school at the moment and I must say that it has been boring as usual. Adding to the hilarity practically no-one turned up to school with only 2 people rocking up to my Chemistry class. The teacher however made the class interesting by performing experiments with galvanic and electrolytic cells.
In English we had a maths debate and I achieved a B+ for that. I forgot to bring my laptop as an aid, hence most of the class received A+s. I mean, if you are going to have a debate, shouldn't you be talking without notes? Palm cards if anything?

I'm presuming this is your last term of school, right?

Farrukh_|$B said:
Duff .. 2+2 = 4.1, Teacher - B+ for you Duff! :D:D
I'm so smart. :rolleyes:

blackleopard92 said:
Well, it was a maths debate!

James219 said:
I'm presuming this is your last term of school, right?
Yes it is James. I think you finish in November whilst I finish very shortly. :)

blackleopard92 said:
really, how can a laptop help in debates?
I can't think of any scenario that would help in a maths debate
Does OxPass ring a bell?

Moving on, how was everyone else's school day?

duffarama said:
Does OxPass ring a bell?

Moving on, how was everyone else's school day?
my schools have finished about 2 months back.waiting for 28th so that I finally know what branch is alloted to me in the clg, currently, Information technology is with me.
after that 1st Aug is the clg's first day

blackleopard92 said:

In my school, everything digital except watches is banned.
What about calculators?

Well here in England, you normally have two maths exams. A calculator paper, and a non-calculator paper. Each has it's own purpose. There are some sums that take ages to do without a calculator, trigonometry for example, but if you know the technique it's pretty easy.

blackleopard92 said:
calculators are banned, so are pencil boxes with maths table on them.
we can only bring log table with us, but that's hardly of any use.
Damn Calculators are not allowed at all :eek: that is very stricted! Over here normally calculators are allowed but if it is a test in which we ae not allowed to use calcs. then we cant take it with us otherwise it is normal..

duffarama said:
Yes it is James. I think you finish in November whilst I finish very shortly. :)

Err, we finish in mid to late December (roughly the 20th), so even worse! :p
This is the year 12 students' (in NSW, anyway) last term of 'school' as such, yet they return in Week 2 of Term 4 to sit the HSC, which continues sometime into November. Good luck in your final exams, by the way! :)

James219 said:
Err, we finish in mid to late December (roughly the 20th), so even worse! :p
This is the year 12 students' (in NSW, anyway) last term of 'school' as such, yet they return in Week 2 of Term 4 to sit the HSC, which continues sometime into November. Good luck in your final exams, by the way! :)
Wow yeah, that is bad for you then having that long term.
Thanks for your encouragement.

So how is school travelling at the moment for everyone? Getting good marks? I got 3 B+s on my latest assesments.

Hey
4 days remaining in my grade 10th result
Will show my marksheet
Cheers
MHC

No Duff.......Im not learning these days enjoying vacations........I ll start learning H.SC..Pre Medical soon
Cheers
MHC

Users who are viewing this thread