Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
evertonfan said:
I actually did! Playing rugby and I was running back to catch a high ball and, BANG, a little boy got in my way and I couldn't feel my leg for ages. I hate induction days!

i sort of did that just before christmas, playing cricke ton the yard, backpedalled to try and take a caught and bowled, jumped backwards, landed on top of him,

i was perfectly alright (bit angry i didn't take the catch) the kid had to go the the first aid room, he was ok though and was bakc out in about 10 minutes

Skateboarder said:
It's year 10 for me in September. I've picked Media as one of my options as I want to get into journalism of some sort in the future.

Same with me mate, I would really love to be a journalist. Good luck to you.

i didnt get the option to take media, i would have though if i could, i might take it at A-level if i can, if not ill get an apprenticeship (sp) as an electrician (if i can) if not, it looks like the chippy for me

Is yr 11 the final year in England...? Anyway, at least you's have decent electives!

Maxkarter said:
School starts Monday, one of the shorter terms, at least no exams this time round. At least after this one its the last one for the year.

Same; exams are only held in terms 2 & 4, and we resume term 3 on monday! 'Thing is, it's not a short term by any standards- eleven weeks...

yeah, that's next year for me, Yr 11, we have broken up a week early as we are moving to a new school. Because of that, we also have a 8 week summer holiday! Yet I do have 3 bits of coursework...

most of my teachers arent thta strict about c/wk dealdines as long as it gets done with in a reasonable amount of time

ste_mc_efc said:
most of my teachers arent thta strict about c/wk dealdines as long as it gets done with in a reasonable amount of time

Quite a school you attend there, eh!? :p
Although I'm only in yr 9, meaning our assessment work isn't all that important in the scheme of things, if it's not submitted by the due date, an automatic zero is the reward! It used to be a penalty of 20 percent per each day late, but they've scrapped that (probably down to the fact that the staff don't have the capacity to calculate the deductions). Of course, you can get around it I guess, but only if you manage to get a doctor's certificate....

Last edited:
well they pretend to take a hardline on late c/wk, saying that if its late you a warning letter sent home, if its not in after a few more days you get adetention

however i have done about 10/12 pieces so far, 1 was handed in early. 1 on time, the others about 2/3 weeks late

i had 2 warning letters (which were for the same piece, silly teacher)

I went to Adastral Park near Ipswich today as part of that enterprise challenge I mentioned before in this thread, and I loved every minute of it, trying out technology than I didn't even know was possible. If, like BT say, the stuff there is what will be all around in a few years time, the future is very bright!

I've only got two days left until I break up and then I get 6 weeks off; 42 days of lie-ins!

evertonfan said:
I've only got two days left until I break up and then I get 6 weeks off; 42 days of lie-ins!
Yep you said. There's another trip on the enterprise challenge next week but I can't go because I'm on holiday in Hopton. Luckily I will make the final trip in November!

I know, I know how it feel when we get summer holidays, we all know how much we love holidays :p.

because it was hte last day everyone was trying to rip off other peoples shirt pockets (dont know why, souvenir perhaps?) and when mine got ripped it rippe da hole in my shirts, which people exploited and made bigger

got to the bus stop on the wya home and it was fully split and kept falling off, so i just threw it in a bin and sat on the bus with no shirt on, luckily enough it was a sunny day

I'm a bit late in saying this but: WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! School finished for 6 weeks!! Me and my bed have a lot of catching up to do!

Now I can also watch the whole of England's tests live now!

*Begins to reminisce over last years Ashes glory*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread