Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
My exam is in 12 hours!! What am I doing on the computer....

[goes back to make sure he has all his exam stuff ready, for the 10th time in 10 minutes]

IloveGilly said:
Bummer, I have to choose my Year 11 subjects in a week and I'm so confused.

I've got;
Economics (gonna change)
IPT
Software Design and Development
Physics
Standard Eng. (Don't see the need for advanced)
Maths 2 unit
_____
Maths Ext 1.

I admit I hate maths a lot :( but most of the Uni's require Maths Ext 1 at least... NOO!!! I think I'm totally screwed.

That could be tough, doing Physics AND 3 unit Maths! By the way, Business or Legal Studies could be an alternative to Economics, I guess....-at least they sound interesting :D

I'm thinking of SDD, Physics, 3 units maths, Stanardd Eng, Buis/Econ and something else.
Still got a whole week though.

I love working with computers but then I hate maths a lot :D

James219 said:
Oh no.....James Ruse!? :p
Anyway, Year 11 exams were over ages ago, right?

Nope, I'm too dumb for James Ruse :D Yep year 11 exams are over and I even received my reports already.

IloveGilly said:
Bummer, I have to choose my Year 11 subjects in a week and I'm so confused.

I've got;
Economics (gonna change)
IPT
Software Design and Development
Physics
Standard Eng. (Don't see the need for advanced)
Maths 2 unit
_____
Maths Ext 1.

I admit I hate maths a lot :( but most of the Uni's require Maths Ext 1 at least... NOO!!! I think I'm totally screwed.

Those are nice subjects that you have selected there. I would suggest to you to try out Ext.1 maths early on in yr 11 and if you struggle then change to 2 unit. Each school would usually allow about 5-7 weeks to change your subjects. I would advise you to also keep Economics. It is quite an interesting subject despite many people saying it is difficult and tedious. Economics scales well in your UAI and again if you don't like it then simply drop it and pick up say Business studies. If I were you, I would reconsider picking Physics. If you are interested in pursiung a career in Enginerring or something like that then, go for it but if you're not, then replace it with Chemistry or Biology. I atm do both chemistry and physics and find Chemistry much more interesting and enjoyable despite achieving better marks in Physics. Also you should remember it's only Year 11, the preliminary year is not of major importance. BTW what school do you go to?? :D

A school someone in the Sydney region? :p
I pretty much can do maths ext 1 but don't feel as if I'd succeed in getting that high result which I always aim for. Not too sure 'bout Physics but I might and probably will do it as Chemistry to me seems pretty useless if I'm doing computers/buisness.
It seems I might do economics but again will be pointless with computing.

It's over! All the problems in my life have been solved (for this week at least). It was a great test. I only needed 93/120 for an A*. No way am I going to lose 27 marks.

Exams completed and school closes tomorrow for July holidays! Some good results mainly in language and programming, alll other asepects could do with some more effort next time round.

And there is also a proposed stop work meeting on wednesday for all schools in NSW i believe :D

Yeah, I got a pamphlet handed to me about that!

Gilchrist said:
No! 4 weeks!!

Whoa, not bad at all- the Christmas/summer break is the only time we get holidays in excess of two weeks...

Aww, schools starts back Monday! :(
Actually, I've got some cultural poetry presentation due next week- for some reason I'm analyzing an Oodgeroo Noonuccal work!

I thought school starts on Tuesday. Staff Development Day :D Anyways final term in the penultimate year of high school and I also have a couple of tasks to be handed in the 1st 2 weeks. Can't wait to finish the final year and I'll be free :D

Users who are viewing this thread