Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
What's Afrikaans? Ongeveer net als Nederlands? If it is, you could have read this.

It's similar to dutch, but I can only understand dutch if someone speeks very very slowly to me lol.

Let's try if you can read: wat is de hoofdtaal of hoofdtalen van Zuid-Afrika?

And answer if you can.

What is the the official language of South Africa? not sure where the other 'hoofdtalen' fills in lol.

If thats the case. Suid Afrika se hoof taal is engels.

Last edited:
Hoofdtalen is the multiple form of hoofdtaal. For the people who want to know: I asked him what the main language(s) is in South Africa.

And he answered the main language is English in South Africa.

And I thought it was Dutch/Afrikaans (which is almost the same).

Can the South African cricket players understand Afrikaans?

Its their secret weapon on the field so that noone can understand what they are saying.

Actually South Africa has 11 official languages, but I didn't want to go into too much detail.

Didn't know that either. So Pollock and Kallis know how to speak Afrikaans. That's a great thing to know.

Eleven languages. :eek: But I guess that happens if you have a big country.

Or a stupid political party... Basically it leads back to the whole apartheid regime.

Every school has to offerthe officail ethnic languages based on the area. eg Free State schools learn the south sotho variant, Natal schools learn mostly Zulu etc.

Sureshot said:
You got family in namibia?

No not all, but It's my home country, me was born there

Maxkarter said:
Every school has to offerthe officail ethnic languages based on the area. eg Free State schools learn the south sotho variant, Natal schools learn mostly Zulu etc.

Yeah, strange enough Gauteng ain't doing this at all, the main langauges spoken in Guateng is english and afrikaans. Now at Namibia it's English, German, Afrikaans along with some of the black ones , which I don't have a clue what stands for

Well what can you say about people from Gauteng, they think they own this country ;)
Most arrogant poeopel around except for Durbanites lol. But i'm really looking forward to the FET system next year, OBE was crap lol.

The old stuff was better than OBE, but FET is similar to the old school stuff that I left behind in grade 7 LOL. Group work lightens the load most of the time, but I hate it when you get a loafer in your group!

Pak_cricketer said:
A's in everything? Thats a joke, even If you get 100% in every test you'll never get 100% on your report card..Usually in Assignments and Particapation brings you down.

i haven't missed a single question all year! :D I also do extra credit so i have 100%+ in some subjects.

Whats your Average? It is highly impossible to be perfect at everything, esepeclly science with all those Labs something just has to go wrong!

I got 91, 88, 84 in the 3 math subjects we have covered so far! Which averages to 88%, which people say is really good. Still I wonder how I got 96 in Drama :D

Users who are viewing this thread