Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
If you get 100% then it is impossible to get 120%. If you read a dictionary or ask your maths teacher a percent can only reach up to 100%

Hey, I said it was in America :rolleyes:

And it is possible to get over 100%, as it is possible to have fractions with a higher numerator than denominator. It is possible, but in terms of grading, it is pretty much...well...stupid.

Last edited:
Well yeh, really dumb grading. But would I be going to far by saying that the work must crap easy still.

Nice thread this one; its been 5 years since I finished school. Those were the days.....
By the way I scored 100% in maths in X board exams.(Indian system)

kodos said:
As I said earlier Cricketman is bullshitting and has no idea what he is talking about. His school must have unqualified teachers or a school which teaches ABC and 123 every day. So stop boastin and stop telling lies!! People who I hate most are liars and boasters.
In Aus. usually achieving 80% at least would give you an A and 70+ B.
In my school experiences
95+ = A+
85 - 94 = A
75 - 84 = B+
etc.

For us it's generally

50-64 C
65-74 B
75+ A

For our TER (Tertiary entrance rank, ranks you against all other school leavers in the state) a subject average of 65 puts you in the top 11% in the state, 75 the top 3%- any system where you get close to 100% is pretty stupid

ZoraxDoom said:
Um...Cricketman isn't lying. Some schools in America give like 20% xtra marks in extra credit questions, where if you get it wrong you lose marks, and if you get it right you earn marks. Hence, if you get everything else right AND the extra credit one you will get somewhere around 120%.

But then again, its an American school...

Wahey another reason why America sucks :D

brad352 said:
For us it's generally

50-64 C
65-74 B
75+ A

For our TER (Tertiary entrance rank, ranks you against all other school leavers in the state) a subject average of 65 puts you in the top 11% in the state, 75 the top 3%- any system where you get close to 100% is pretty stupid
Hmm...little easy. And I'm here feeling that only 85+ should be an 'A', not 80+...

I'm in Year 11, no idea what that is in American terms. Final year of my GCSE's, although I already have maths as I was pushed through early. AS maths is hard :(

I take English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, PE, ITC, and Spanish for GCSE. Thinking about Maths, Physics, Chemistry and History at A level. Colin, whats A level history like?

ZoraxDoom said:
Hmm...little easy. And I'm here feeling that only 85+ should be an 'A', not 80+...

You may think that achieving only 70% is easy but in Aus. the standards here are very high and usually only the top 5 or 10 students in the school receives an A for each subject. Achieving anywhere in the 90's in the Higher School Certificate (HSC entrance exam to uni) is a fantastic achievement as there is only a small percentage that ahcieve 90+. The average i would say is the 60's and early 70's.

squiz said:
In my school experiences
95+ = A+
85 - 94 = A
75 - 84 = B+
etc.

Must be different in every state. In NSW we don't have A+, B+ etc.

FreddieFan said:
I'm in Year 11, no idea what that is in American terms. Final year of my GCSE's, although I already have maths as I was pushed through early. AS maths is hard :(

I take English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, PE, ITC, and Spanish for GCSE. Thinking about Maths, Physics, Chemistry and History at A level. Colin, whats A level history like?

I know my name isnt Colin, but A-level History! It really depends what syllabus you do. I absolutely loved it, mainly because Im good at it. Anyway I studied Russia for 2 years. Tudor for 2 years and Vietnam for a year as part of A-level History. I recommend it, but only if your willing to put in the hours. It can become a bit frustrating at times. I would say its a step up from GCSE, quite a big step.

Users who are viewing this thread