Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Got an assesment on the life on Mohammed tomorow, haven't revised or nothing so I'm gonna do terrible. :p

Well I think I did extremely well so very please although school cricket practice didn't go too well as I dropped a catch and bent finger back and was/is quite painful. Will be fine soon anyway.

I'm sure the rest of the class was the same lol.

Teachers are b!tches for cryptic questions or trick questions. Our Year 4 teacher for example. Yes, YEAR 4, wrote a test making us do all these stupid things like stand up and say "I am a monkey and I love eating bananas! And the 1st question was "Read all the questions". Last question: "Don't do any question apart from Question 1"

Yeah, I had that one. Fooled me as well...

Here's a trick question for you all :) Reps to the first person who can tell me the answer and why.

What is the product of:

(a - x)(b - x)(c - x)(d - x)..........(z - x) = ?

Correct, the answer is 0, but reps require an explanation as well :p

It's simpler than you think.

Last edited:
x=0 yeah?

in the end u get (x-x) which is 0-0, and multiply as many numbers as you want together, if youve got a 0 in there, the answer is 0

Maney2k7 has got the right answer, sort of.

x doesn't have to equal 0, it could be any number. The (x - x) bracket will always be 0 so you can multiply it by as many things as you like and it will still be 0.

I got my English Language result back on Tuesday and got an A, which I'm really pleased with, so am not going to resit. Then yesterday I got my letter saying I've got into my first choice sixth form college. I had two Science exams on Monday, and I haven't got any more GCSE exams until the massive block of them in May and June.

Yeah I do the RS short course, its basically half a GCSE and you do an hour a week, I think its a waste of time to be honest.

Well done Phil.

Speaking of English Language, my coursework got given back today and i'm the only one to have achieved an A in it at my college. Manchester Uni want to show it off in some sort of showcase thing they are doing as well. :o

Well done Phil.

Speaking of English Language, my coursework got given back today and i'm the only one to have achieved an A in it at my college. Manchester Uni want to show it off in some sort of showcase thing they are doing as well. :o
Cheers, well done to you as well, sounds good!

The best way to learn things is to go outside and explore the world, there is so much out there that you will never find in a book or on your noob nokia calculator.

The best way to learn things is to go outside and explore the world, there is so much out there that you will never find in a book or on your noob nokia calculator.

Yes, because we do our exams with our Nokia Calculators. Why are you on a computer? You won't find anything you're looking for on your noob computer either. There's so much out there. Get off your ass and go fetch!

Users who are viewing this thread