Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
It's great that the teachers fight so strongly for their causes. and that my dad has his day off on thursdays so we can play golf :D

We have ofsted in at the minute, not had them in any lessons yet but behaving well :p if you get sent out your put in isolation straight away by one of the off duty teachers prowling the corridors so they can hide you away from ofsted.

My school is closed for the strike too, I can go in for revision if I want to though.

I don't want to.

Its next Thursday isn't it? We asked our form tutor today and he's striking, but we haven't heard anything from the school yet. The form tutor said that the headteacher is trying to keep the school open, which doesn't suprise me, our head would go to any length to keep us in school for the day.

I know Joe, I 100% support them as well, they need more money and I would be in favour of more strike days, and I mean a lot more strike days:p, just so they got money. What do they want, money! When do they want it, now!

Different union ;)
It's not my union striking either as I'm in a Scottish union and we don't appear to be doing a sympathy strike :p

Guys, the time is coming where I have to choose my final subject..

The science thinggi.. Physics Bio Chem...

I really don't know what to choose, any help regarding where one subject can take in future, any interesting websites? etc? Please.

I really don't know what to choose, any help regarding where one subject can take in future, any interesting websites? etc? Please.

I know all three subjects lead to strong careers in later life. I have no experience, but I would take Biology. It is the subject that includes the least amount of maths and it would be the most interesting, since you get to learn about things that happen inside your very own body.

Your decision will only effect you though. It is important that you make up your own mind, a decision that you are comfortable with.

What do you enjoy doing, Usy?

well..

History (revolutions stuff like)
Art (retro, Graphic designing etc)
Geography (sustainable development stuff, comparing countries by GDP stuff)
English (reading poems)

Maths hate, Science hate, PE love but i'm not gonne become a sports star am i?

Last edited:
I leave school a week on friday! Im freaking out as im moving schools for 6th form so losing all my mates :(. Any consoling words and anyone want to tell me they didnt revise for their exams and still got A's it would help.

So these are your choices for college?

Well I am in kinda college right now, 2 years i'm in Uni.. I'm doing IB programme.

basically I have to make a choice for the last 2 years of "real IB", as the first year I did was introductory.

Last edited:
I leave school a week on friday! Im freaking out as im moving schools for 6th form so losing all my mates :(. Any consoling words and anyone want to tell me they didnt revise for their exams and still got A's it would help.

You really know who your mates are once you've left :)

The ones that stick to the fan are those you can rely on, the ones who peel, aren't. They may be mates, but they aren't true friends.

Users who are viewing this thread