England in Australia

i think the mahmood situation except vice versa, he can play well in testa but not dne dayers, and lewis can't play tests but is excpetional at one day

gambino said:
mahmood won the match for england against pakistan this year

when england collapsed chasing 150 something

the 5th match

he was the man of the match

he also won them a test match where he took 4 quick wickets 3rd test i think

he deserves at least 1 test match this ashes series

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvpak/engine/match/225257.html

What a test that was
:cool:

Yeah, I remember Harmison tonking Sami all over the place. Shame he's getting a taste of his own medicine in this series.

evertonfan said:
Yeah, I remember Harmison tonking Sami all over the place. Shame he's getting a taste of his own medicine in this series.

He didn't exactly have the best match even then! 1 wicket for 200 at over 4 an over :p

A rather horrible taste of things to come from Harmy that was.

gambino said:
mahmood won the match for england against pakistan this year

when england collapsed chasing 150 something

the 5th match

he was the man of the match

he also won them a test match where he took 4 quick wickets 3rd test i think

he deserves at least 1 test match this ashes series

And that one test match should be when the series is still live. No point in thinking what if cause after the 3rd test match it may well be that case.

wasnt it that same match when harmy was getting tonked around while mahmood in his 1st spell tonked yousuf all over the crease?

yousuf nearly broke in half in one of them deliveries cos it got so much bounce and he was lucky not to edge it in the air

that was in the early stages of his 192

He also got dropped didn't he iirc. He got dropped on one of his big scores I'm sure of it.

So do we try to salvage with the same side (which is almost certainly what will happen) or do we make changes (which I'd do but can't see happening)?

Well I'm sure Fletcher and Flintoff will being thinking we were the better team for 4 days and lost it on the last day so probably going by that they will feel they should keep the same side and hope theirs no more choking on the last day by their batters.

I read in the papers that cause Giles was promoted to 4 in the tour match that suggest the English were still going to play him.

had england played anyone else instead of giles and harmison they would surely have won the last match

aussies would have had big problems chasing englands 120odd lasdt day with a decent spinner

actually anyone who could spin a ball

Everyone's talking up Panesar as England's great messiah, i just hope for his sake (if he plays) that he isnt a complete let-down, because that would surely deflate whats left of England's campaign.

He had a promising start getting out some big name batsmen so I can see why they are optimistic about him. I would love to see how he goes against us.

According to reports over here in England this morning, Warne has toppled over and hurt his elbow and could be a doubt for the next test match.

Englishandproud said:
According to reports over here in England this morning, Warne has toppled over and hurt his elbow and could be a doubt for the next test match.

I just looked at the Pietersen interview and they said they expect him to play.

genghis_khan said:
Everyone's talking up Panesar as England's great messiah, i just hope for his sake (if he plays) that he isnt a complete let-down, because that would surely deflate whats left of England's campaign.

I for one know that Monty is a far better bowler but people know that he has the ability to knock over a side (He's done it twice this summer and 6 at Headingley is very impressive) If he plays I won't expect him to win us the game single handedly but I will expect him to outbowl Giles, I'd be amazed if he didn't. I think the Aussie crowd will love him too, I remember reading a story about him in the Wisden Cricket and his caoch saying one day he was driving past his practice ground (this is Montys coach) on a day when it was covered in snow and Monty was still there practicing, in the snow.

I would be interested to see how Panesar goes against us. If the WACA pitch is going to spin a lot (which is has of late) Panesar and Giles could play in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread