England in Australia

MUFC1987 said:
Trescothick has an illness. He left India due to it. Martyn has retired because he knows he's not good enough. Would he had retired if he had as many runs as Ponting? No chance. He's just embarrassed that he's not good enough to play against England. I'd be ashamed of him if I was Australian, retiring when the pressure is on.

got proof? pure assumption that martyn left because he thought he wasnt good enough. How on earth do you know he doesnt have the exact same thing as trescothick? exactly, you dont

Martyn > Trescothick

MUFC1987 said:
Trescothick has an illness. He left India due to it. Martyn has retired because he knows he's not good enough. Would he had retired if he had as many runs as Ponting? No chance. He's just embarrassed that he's not good enough to play against England. I'd be ashamed of him if I was Australian, retiring when the pressure is on.
If anything the way he's played all series shows he is clearly still good enough but doesn't care about the game, the pie chuckers don't deserve any credit for it.

Martyn couldve played through this Ashes series..Poor Tresser gets "stressed" whenever he feels pressure...Martyn had full faith from the selectors and his captian...

Oh here comes the Aussie brash style we all know and 'love'.

Tres has serious problems yet you compare him to someone who has said he doesn't want to play anymore due to the fact he doesn't feel he can do it properly.

Tres has real issues out of his control, Martyn chose to retire.

Inbox24 said:
Martyn was a better player than any of the English 'batsmen' will ever be.

So you'd pick Martyn over KP? I was surprised Martyn didn't have more hundreds to his name. Martyn was good but had poor starts and a poor end to his career which sullied it somewhat.

Martyn Over Kp???Tough choice... But I would prefer Martyn..Hes Proven himself

Hooper said:
Martyn Over Kp???Tough choice... But I would prefer Martyn..Hes Proven himself

KPs done it against every team he's played against so far, with particular success against the best in the world.

Read that post again.

You said you'd pick Martyn over KP because he's proven himself.

I'd have kp for the fact he has performed well against every country he has played again and since he has entered test matches Martyns done very little compared to pietersen who has got at two hundereds against each oppositions except india.

But Martyn is a veteran and we will only be able to make a proper comparison once Kp's played 67 Tests

Well we can't at the moment and at the moment in terms of form KP >>>>> Martyn. So ye KP would get in my team.

I'd almost certainly have KP ahead of Martyn... but that may well be because Martyn has retired and isn't elligible for England anyway :rolleyes:

Hooper said:
lol...I know what I said

You said you'd pick Martyn because he's proven himself and implied that KP hasn't. I then said KP has proven himself (which he has). So you haven't a reason for picking Martyn over KP.

Users who are viewing this thread