England in Australia

Because Martyn is a veteren and more reliable...is that good enough??? jeez...

Are you saying that veterans are instantly more reliable? Because that's far from the truth.

No not INSTANTLY...but in most cases it is true...the more reliable players are experienced and more mature

OK can I be the voice of sanity? Even as an Aussie fan, I'd have KP in my side over Martyn (based on pure batting ability - nothing else). Potentially he's going to be one of the best batters of this era - a man who can really dominate an attack. Just look what happened when he came in in 1st innings @ Adelaide. He hit 2 boundaries pretty quickly and straight away half the Aussies were fielding on the fence. Some will say that Symonds has the same effect, but compare KPs current average with Symonds and you can see the difference in class.

And for this crap about Martyn cracking. Nobody has enough information to judge either guy (especially Martyn, at least we know Tres has an illness), so it's just pure speculation. Speculation can be good, but not about a guys personal problems.

I'll definitely take KP over Martyn, KP such a natural player of the game and can take the game away from you in a session like Gilly.

Drewska said:
Well we can't at the moment and at the moment in terms of form KP >>>>> Martyn. So ye KP would get in my team.

yeah so in that case:

Me >>>>>>>>>> Don Bradman

you cant compare people who are in different stages of their careers.

Have any of you people actually seen Martyn at his peak? I strongly doubt you have because he is by far the best batsmen i have ever seen.

evertonfan said:
Giles is experienced and mature. How reliable is he? :rolleyes:

He is reliable...Because he does whats expected from him...1 wicket, get slogged and score about 20 runs here and there.... :p

rickyp said:
Have any of you people actually seen Martyn at his peak? I strongly doubt you have because he is by far the best batsmen i have ever seen.

YES YES YES!!! At his best he was busting out century after century on the sub-continent whilst his team-mates would fall apart! He also scored that brilliant 100 to save his career in South Africa....

rickyp said:
yeah so in that case:

Me >>>>>>>>>> Don Bradman

you cant compare people who are in different stages of their careers.

I've never seen him reduce the greatest bowler in history to bowling a negative line outside leg stump just to stop him going at 6 an over ;)

I would also suggest you watch a few more batsman if Martyn is by far the best you've ever seen. Yes he is a fine player, was excellent for around 2-3 years in which he looked classy and backed it up with runs, but at the moment, and I believe in the future, KP would be chosen ahead of him. Still that's just speculation, and I suppose you are right to the extent that if you were going on achievement you'd have to pick Martyn, but in terms of form, you would have to go for KP.

actually i take that back, id have kp in my team if i didnt already have gilly (cant have 2) but id have martyn every other time purely for his class

Huh...If hes the best batsman youve seen then why wouldnt you have him in your team?

I would, but sometimes the most destructive batsmen in the world is more useful. problem is, i would never bat kp at 4, I would always bat martyn at 4

Users who are viewing this thread