England in Australia

Two runs and a single taken. Only five runs needed of 2 balls to break the record!

And he is on strike next over.

Brett_Lee said:
Well do you dream about something whilst posting on planetcricket?

Pinch yourself

5 off 3 deliveries

CMON GILLY

I never would have thought Hussey, Clarke and Gilchrist would score a century. Hayden and Ponting could have got one too!

And Gilchrist is playing his shots with such control. I remember the years where he would slog all over.

It's a shame I have no more room on my sig.

SO 3 off 1. And they had to tell him. hes going to play sensibly and he wont get it or he will go for it and get it

I'm sure Gilly must have had some idea he was in range, too bad they did tell him though as he just got a one when they did.

That sucks. Single taken. 4 runs of 1 ball needed. I hope he will get it. What a day this will be.

If he'd known earlier, he would've went for it. I think it's too risky right now unless he gets something he can slog.

Gilchrist is on strike now against Hoggard. I hope he will get the 3 runs required.

And he doesn't. :( But next ball he still can equal it.

Well that just sucked, that ball looked wide to me although would that have meant that ball didn't count towards Gilly's total balls faced? Oh well not to be, he'll get the 2nd fastest 100, over to Astle double 100 record now!

Awww well. I think Sir Viv deserves to keep the record.

This is a shame. The Ashes is over. One good thing at least ios the fact that England will hasve to chase 600+ which is impossible. How can someone come out to bat in that situation, must feel pretty bad. They must know now they are out of it. It would be funny if they drew the match. I hope they do, but yeah right.

ZexyZahid said:
Hoggard bowled a delibarate wide. :rolleyes:

aussie1st said:
Well that just sucked, that ball looked wide to me although would that have meant that ball didn't count towards Gilly's total balls faced? Oh well not to be, he'll get the 2nd fastest 100, over to Astle double 100 record now!

It would to those who wanted Gilly to get the record, but it was legit, it was inside the line by a fair way. Bad luck to gilly. Smart bowling by Hoggard though. At least it wasn't under-arm.

aussie1st said:

It didn't go past the pitch edge line and it still counts if it did!

Still the quality of this innings is exciting.

Hope that there will be enough time for Clarke or Gilly to get a double ton. :D

Scmods said:
Hoggards a girl, gutless girl.

Go Gilly, freaking star.

you easily summed htat up mate. I so wish that it was called a wide. i bet hoggard woulda bowld a yorker then

Users who are viewing this thread