England in Australia

I would like to hear Boycott's comments about this innings. :laugh

irottev said:
It would of been pretty dumb if England managed to bat for a day and 2 sessions though. Or if there was a freak Hurricane or some bad weather for one of the days. Then you wouldn't be saying it. Winning the Ashes is more important then Gilchrist and Clarkes average.

The English will sleep worse if they are a few wickets down.

I don't think continuing would of been in the spirit of the game myself.

A day and 2 sessions is more then enough to bowl out an English team, especially if you have Warne and McGrath in your team.

Now England will have more then 180 overs. If they keep most of the wickets on day 4, they even might think about winning.

He would wouldn't he. But if he didn't England might have been able to draw it, but think about it, every time we declare or get all out at the end of a day and give England a couple of overs to bat we at least get 1 wicket if not more

That's what Ponting was looking for! Beautiful ball from Lee, dead straight.

Edit: Yeh, I did mention that it was a strategical declaration. England all tired and Ponting was hoping for a breakthrough.

Of course not, the bowling attack would.

And Lee has already struck. Makes the declaration even smarter.

ZexyZahid said:
Now England will have more then 180 overs. If they keep most of the wickets on day 4, they even might think about winning.

That's being extremely optimistic. On a wearing pitch against Warne and McGrath. Especially since Jones, who is picked on his batting, looks more like a number 11 than a number 7.

You also gotta love some of the commentary from Cricinfo "McGrath's doing Mervrobics on the boundary"

IloveGilly said:
Wouldn't Ponting look like a fool if we somehow lost!

Well flintoff sorta did last test :p

Cmon Aussies, Cmon Brett, Cmon Glenn, get us off to a firing start!

Can't leave those Strauss old boy, even though Hawkeye shows it going just over - that really should/will be given out everytime if no stroke is played.

Iron-Haggis said:
That's being extremely optimistic. On a wearing pitch against Warne and McGrath. Especially since Jones, who is picked on his batting, looks more like a number 11 than a number 7.

You also gotta love some of the commentary from Cricinfo "McGrath's doing Mervrobics on the boundary"

Well, I have to give some hope to the English fans, don't I? ;)

Yeah, it wasn't out so wrong decision but you can't blame the Umpire. It's his own fault for making it look worse then it was. He is unlucky none the less. Strauss hasn't had a good series with the Umpires. They must hate him.

It was a good decision in a sense. Bounced in line, no shot, straight and hit him on the front pad and thigh. So you would assume from an umpire's perspective that it's out.

You could see Rudy Koertzen's finger going up the moment it hit his pad.

Users who are viewing this thread