England in Australia

Scmods said:
Hoggards a girl, gutless girl.

Go Gilly, freaking star.

You would have done the same surely? Did you expect him to gift the record to Gilly. It was a legit ball. A good ball.

IloveGilly said:
Amazing century *wipes tear away*. :D

2nd fastest! He deserved it.

Fastest double ton anyone?

Here here, time for Gilly to get back the record Astle took off him. Just needs to go crazy for a bit and then go a run a ball and hes got it.

IloveGilly said:
Amazing century *wipes tear away*. :D

2nd fastest! He deserved it.

Fastest double ton anyone?

Astle holds that, and Gilly is in a great position to break it. But it would be unwise for Ponting not to declare with as much time as possible remaining. He shouldn't risk anything.

Besides, if the English bowlers allowed 200 to happen, they would be pretty bad.

Guess which team Astles was against ;)

Great century of Gilchrist, but it would be dumb of Australia to declare today.

irottev said:
Astle holds that, and Gilly is in a great position to break it. But it would be unwise for Ponting not to declare with as much time as possible remaining. He shouldn't risk anything.

Besides, if the English bowlers allowed 200 to happen, they would be pretty bad.

Guess which team Astles was against ;)

Give him 1 session tomorrow and lets see what he can do :) A double 100 to Pup would be great too!

Booooo a declaration :(
I see why he did it though if we can't win this from here we don't deserve to win it.

Declaration, bad luck :p

Ponting did the right thing. There was no need to go on.

Well at least that would have increased Gilly's avg

I rekon, that they should hav batted til lunch tomoz and just went for it with the bat

That's pretty dumb. A declaration with 2 days and some overs left! :mad

I guess it was a strategical declaration, knowing that England are pretty much puffed out and hope to sneak in 1 or 2 wickets before the days end.

It would of been pretty dumb if England managed to bat for a day and 2 sessions though. Or if there was a freak Hurricane or some bad weather for one of the days. Then you wouldn't be saying it. Winning the Ashes is more important then Gilchrist and Clarkes average.

The English will sleep worse if they are a few wickets down.

I don't think continuing would of been in the spirit of the game myself.

Users who are viewing this thread