England in Australia

Slightly over but when you don't offer a shot you are asking for trouble.
Strauss is having the luck Martyn had in the last Ashes.

It's simply not bad luck when you leave the straight ones, just as it's not bad luck when you take a windy woof at a wide ball and get caught behind. If you're taking such risks, you know there's a chance you are getting yourself out.

Well, lol. It's worked out in the end for Australia but I wouldn't of declared if I were Ponting. I would've batted into lunch tomorrow or perhaps until Gilchrist slogged himself out and got a 700 odd run lead. Yeah it's a long shot, but Gilchrist had a special innings & Pietersen is a very gifted player while the pitch only looking to be better for batting and McGrath and Warne don't take well to getting disrespected. Despite Strauss already being out, I could still imigane Pietersen smashing 250 odd and the rest of the team holding up an end.

Slightly over but when you don't offer a shot you are asking for trouble.
Strauss is having the luck Martyn had in the last Ashes.

I hate it when people say that.

You may as well just say that if you don't offer a shot..

Probly would not have cared if they given Hussey out JUST ONCE of the 3 time he was actually out..

Anyway its all done now, probly won't affect the result..

Great knock by Clarke today. Symonds..the GOJO of Australia ..lol

He deserved to be given out for being stupid enough to leave a straight one. He should know that Brett Lee doesn't swing it too much with the new ball and if he was leaving it for height, well that's just idiotic.

At least Monty's got 8 wickets but no doubt he'll be made the scapegoat for this should he fail with the bat. :rolleyes:

All I can say is well played Gilly, you might be playing for the other side but bloody hell that was a good innings. Gave the English bowlers the punishing they deserve and boy did he punish them.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Well, lol. It's worked out in the end for Australia but I wouldn't of declared if I were Ponting. I would've batted into lunch tomorrow or perhaps until Gilchrist slogged himself out and got a 700 odd run lead. Yeah it's a long shot, but Gilchrist had a special innings & Pietersen is a very gifted player while the pitch only looking to be better for batting and McGrath and Warne don't take well to getting disrespected. Despite Strauss already being out, I could still imigane Pietersen smashing 250 odd and the rest of the team holding up an end.

Thats a slight worry if Collinwood and KP combine well we have game on. Will have to see what Warney does on this pitch cause as always he will be the key.

Giles gone home! I feel sorry for the guy, his wifes got a potentially serious illness. Jamie Dalrymple brought into the squad. The thing is, I would have thought England would play 2 spinners at Sydney, now that would be Monty and Dalrymple. But I cant see Dalrymple threatening the Aussie batsmen.

Didn't see the Gilly hundred :mad: I wish I had, even as an Englishman, as I turned it over in depression at half 8 and watched SA v India.

KP...250? Seems a little unrealistic.

Incredible day for Australia. 3 centuries and 2 people who nearly got centuries and getting the big breakthrough of Strauss.

"Tomorrow: Australia win back the Ashes?"

aussie1st said:
Thats a slight worry if Collinwood and KP combine well we have game on. Will have to see what Warney does on this pitch cause as always he will be the key.

Can't see it happening. I'm confident that at least one English batsman will score a hundred but I really can't see us drawing this.

We can win it though. :D

Just heard that Giles has returned home to be with his sick wife who apparantly has a very serious illness. He's replaced by Jamie Dalrymple.

No source as of yet because i've just heard it on Sky but my heart goes out to the Giles family.

Just thinking of something here, Fletcher has just said that Giles told him a few days ago. Maybe, Giles would have actually played instead of Monty if he hadn't said that he wanted to go home.

Fletcher not really complimenting Monty too much, just saying that it was a good wicket for him to bowl on.

symonds_sixes said:
english bowlers will be on suicide watch tonight
well batted gilly, one of the best test innings ever! :shock:

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the best Test innings ever. Although it was a great innings, Australia would still have been in a situation of complete dominance should he have gone for 0.

evertonfan said:
I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the best Test innings ever. Although it was a great innings, Australia would still have been in a situation of complete dominance should he have gone for 0.
Considering it was the second fastest test 100, I think it was, nevermind the state of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread