England in Australia

MUFC1987 said:
You can't compare them though. The mentality will be different. No matter how far away it is, there is still a target that we are trying to achieve, whereas in the last Test they tried to bat for time, although that was affected by the more aggressive players getting out to poor shots mainly. We still have two days though and the pitch isn't looking too bad, if we get on a roll against the bowlers, anything can happen. Cook and Bell are the key though, if they fold early doors then it's over, but if they put on 150, we'll have our tails up and then anything can happen. The last test to clinch a series is always the most diffilcult to get.

Yea I agree, completely different situations as Adelaide everyone thought was going to be a draw apart from the Aussies, here England know the target is achievable if they produce the best ever inns in the history of cricket.

Guess Ponting also took into consideration the weather forecast for today and tommorrow. Just watched the news and they were forecasting today late storms and tomorrow early storms and showers.

We seem to be 'choking' a bit in this series lol. We've had a good start in each test (Brisbane - having australia 180-3, Adelaide 550, WACA bowlin them out for 244) and thrown it away.. what could be causing this?

kodos said:
Guess Ponting also took into consideration the weather forecast for today and tommorrow. Just watched the news and they were forecasting today late storms and tomorrow early storms and showers.

Really well that changes things although bit surprising as it was nearing 40 degrees yesterday so I would have thought we would have been good to go.
Just did some forecast checking should be fine for today at least, tomorrow most sites are saying thunder storms so we will need to do the job today.

kodos said:
He's not that clever. :D

aussie1st said:
Ponting was in a lose lose, if he declared when you wanted and we drew the test match then the critics would be out saying he should have declared early just like last year. If we lose this test match from here then he will be blamed for not digging a deep enough grave for the English.

That's true. Gotta love the media for doing anything they can to scoop up anything worth publishing.

But overall, if you look at it from now. It was a good declaration.

IloveGilly said:
That's true. Gotta love the media for doing anything they can to scoop up anything worth publishing.

But overall, if you look at it from now. It was a good declaration.
It was the best time to declare, we picked up a wicket at the end after scoring 430 in the day, so the declartion was at a good time

Which reminds me, after the Ashes will also be interesting. There are a few players that could retire afterwards. :(

Watson is also gone for rest of Ashes and Symonds looks like he will hold his place for the rest of the Ashes.

Don't know if this is old or not :D.

Drewska said:
Too be honest i think Symonds should be dropped but should it be for Vogues?

Definiately worth a shot. Symonds seems to be more handy with the ball which is unusual.

And if anyone was wondering, Watson took a 5cm tear in his left hamstring. This could affect his World Cup chances.

Voges cant field like Symonds either, and he cant bowl like him, Left arm chinamens in Melbourne? in India maybe

Symonds would be the perfect 12th man from his fielding. :D

I don't know about Voges though. I'd keep Symonds in there, I don't like the idea of someone debuting in this Ashes series even if we've already won it.

Feelin Blue? said:
Voges cant field like Symonds either, and he cant bowl like him, Left arm chinamens in Melbourne? in India maybe

Picking a #6 who can bowl and field well is just as bad as England picking a #8 cause they can bat, whats wrong with picking the best available batter at #6?

Michael Clarke showed in Adelaide he's more than capable of delivering a few overs if the main bowlers need a break.

Users who are viewing this thread