England in Australia

Kal-El said:
Whoops...

Do you have anything to contribute other than mindless trolling? Oh no of course not, all 118 posts of yours have been trollish comments aiming to stir up trouble or to put a negative light on England. :rolleyes:

It's nice to see i've made you happy and you were sad enough to trawl through a 2 month old thread just to rub it in our faces. Don't worry, your team is doing more than enough of that for us anyway. Yes I was wrong with my prediction, I didn't realise that Flintoff's captaincy and England's bowling and batting were so bad. It's not as if Australia have been really tested for any sustained period either. God only knows what we could have achieved with Tres, Jones and Vaughan back again.

Feelin Blue? said:
Pieterson is selfish, he doesn't care about the team anymore, in perth he took a single of the first ball to give monty the strike as if to say, well i got my 50 if you can survive these next 5 balls i can get another single next over.
Did it again today
anyway great proformance by Warne and Clark in the battign and great bowling by the aussies too

I don't really care to be frank. He's our best batsmen by far and he scores runs; I'm not arguing with that.

Last edited:
stevie said:
And what reason is a 'hell of a lot of arse'? We won in 2005 because our bowlers were relentless. If one came off, the next one would be bang on the spot too, much like Australia through most of this series. McGrath comes off, on comes Clark. Lee goes off, on comes Warne. That has been the key to this series, just as it was in 2005. Sure, defending huge totals helps, but if the bowlers can't keep the pressure on then it makes your big total next to useless.

I doubt we'll see a four man England pace attack function as well as it did in 2005 for a long time.

I agree with your point about the Australian bowlers. Last summer England could use our 4 best fast bowlers who were at their top form. Here in Australia we have your Andersons and Mahmoods, who aren't going to tear you apart like McGrath or Lee could.

Dr.Cricket said:
. And I doubt having Vaughn captaining would have helped all that much,
to many of the England players are playing poorly.

No because I can't see any difference between Freds captaincy and Vaughans.

wfdu_ben91 said:
England were in our current position in 2005 and won 2-1.

We were in the same position England were in in 2005 and we're going to win. 5-0.

I think that's what his trying to say.

The performance variations from this series to last is huge, it's incomparable.

im in a world of pain having just watched yet another episode of awful highlights! god if warne is killing us with ball hes murdering us with the bat unbelievable GOD retire already! ure kiling us (again) here

What do people think of this:

cricinfo said:
Branson calls for Ashes to remain in Australia

Peter English at Sydney

January 3, 2007

It has taken five Tests for the ritual debate to reach full flight, but the home of the Ashes has again become an issue of national importance. Sir Richard Branson's company Virgin Atlantic is under contract to fly the urn back to England when the series ends, but in a comical performance, in which he was flanked by Ian Botham and Allan Border, he requested it stay in Australia.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausveng/content/current/story/274965.html

I think they should play for the right to keep the urn; oops, they already have :p

Yes, and the economic revenue coming with storing the ashes at one of your cricket grounds just like Lords capatalises on every day...

It pains me to say this but the ashes MUST stay in Australia until England win it back again.

No question that the urn should be kept here, we should have had it during our 10 year rein too. It adds more to the contest that way instead of the English going oh well it's coming home anyway.

Moaning when you're about to whitewash in an Ashes for the first time in 85 years?

It should go where the winners are, it is a very delicate thing though, made out of Terracotta I believe. Although I doubt it'd do much travelling.....

Sureshot said:
Moaning when you're about to whitewash in an Ashes for the first time in 85 years?

It should go where the winners are, it is a very delicate thing though, made out of Terracotta I believe. Although I doubt it'd do much travelling.....

I've been moaning about it for years now :)
Also it's too fragile to go back to England now, so in Australia is shall stay :D

Wonder how many times a team has won in the first session on day 5 when they HAVE to go out to bat again? Because this will be over before dinner (Lunch)

Thats one late dinner Simon :)
Awesome stuff from McGrath once again showing why hes that dam good. I wonder if Ponting will change our batting lineup.

In North West England, we called Lunch - Dinner and Dinner - Tea

A bit wierd, but im backing monty for a century here

Lol werid....

We can't let this tail wag cause we won't be able to change our batting lineup with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread