England in Australia

Will the Queen give our team MBEs?

Also when's Duncan Fletchers new book out?

05001533719100.jpg

MY PRESCIOUS MY PRESCIOUS!!!!!!

Funny you should bring that "my precious" thing up, as me and a mate think Gilchrist looks a lot like Gollum, when he got that howler from Bowden and was wagging his tongue about his face the resemblence was scary!

chrais said:
great 5-0 victory by the aussies,,, a thouroughly enjoyed series by me,,

i personally thought stuey clark shoulda been man of the series,, sure he didnt pick up a five-for but boy he bowled some important players out in important times, no more than in the first innings in adelaide where the pitch offered him absoultely nothing,,,

it was a great overall contribution by the team, and i was proud to be at the SCG on the first day it was an unbelievable experience (however i sat right in the middle of the barmy army in bay 14 in an australian odi jersey!!!)

Agreed I thought Clark should of been Man of the Series. he was the leading wicket taker in the series and consistently picked up wickets at vital stages of the game. The main difference in the series were the bowling and not the batting, Australia were far too superior.

Dr.Cricket said:
And with Harmison's performance through out the series,
he may just join McGrath soon, that is - if he doesn't get the boot
beforehand and that seems the more likely.

Dr.

It was just a joke mate, :p And I thought Harmison bowled well from the 3rd test and onwards. People just perceive that Harmison's shocker first ball reflected his performance throughout the whole series.

barmyarmy said:
Never in my worst nightmares did we lose this series 5-0. I have nothing to say except well done to the Aussies and that I feel utterly gutted by the enormity of the defeat. Not just beaten, but thrashed, in all 5 tests.
It feels so empty to be an England fan right now and August 2005 seems like a million years ago.

Certainly was a horror series, everything went wrong, selection, captaincy, batting order, mentality etc. Guess England have to try and look forward to 09 like Australia this time round and adopt the same attitude and mentality in 09 as Australia did this series.

Dr.Cricket said:
I have to say.....
This 5-0 whitewash would have never of been possible if the Queen didn't
give your team those MBE's, it really fired us up. So us Aussies really thank
her for contributing to your pathetic perfromance. And we thank her for
giving us this opportunity to rub those MBE's right in your face and
making your national team look like the biggest fools in Cricket history.

Good on ya' Queen Elizabeth, we know you did that for us Aussies! :p
Maybe give them RBE's this time - Rejects of the British Empire,
they do surely deserve that accolade at the very least.

See that all you Aussie boys, our Queen does do good things for us.
What a beautiful lady, huh!?!? ...I luv being a Monarchist. :)

Nothing to do with her ;)
The Cricket Gods were never going to let us down and once we had the Ashes and then got the retirements it was a given that we would get 5-0 :)

Oh and this was the 12th consecutive test match victorie for Australia. That's 2nd best for all-time. :)

16 - Australia - Harare 1999/00 to Mumbai 2000/01.
12* - Australia - Melbourne 2005/06 to Sydney 2006/07.
11 - West Indies - Bridgetown 1983/84 to Adelaide 1984/85.

What such great teams :cheers

If only Zimbabwe had test status :) That would be 14 win straight. If we do manage to beat that 16 it would be some effort as India will tough to beat with their batting lineup.

Where are England going next? They are still a pretty good Test side. I think the Ashes should be reduced to a 3-test series because 5 tests seems to be a bit much anyway.

I know tradition and all that, but it's really time to move on from the overhyped Ashes era...

Good on you Aussies!
Great to see the 5-0 result.

Fair well Warney, Pigeon and Langer.

By the way Symonds fielding is gun.

Revenge is sooooo sweet....

Kal-El said:
Will the Queen give our team MBEs?
Maybe she will... But who would really want one anyway?
A roll of toilet paper has far more credibility then an MBE,
as the English Cricket & Rugby teams have showed.

An MBE's going to mean nothing soon enough when Charles
takes the thrown, 'cause I doubt Australia would stay apart
of the British Empire after that happens.

Dr.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Aussies for the 5-0 whitewash. The only downside of this is the drone of the Aussie arrogance for a few months now. ;)

harishankar said:
Where are England going next? They are still a pretty good Test side. I think the Ashes should be reduced to a 3-test series because 5 tests seems to be a bit much anyway.

I know tradition and all that, but it's really time to move on from the overhyped Ashes era...

This is one of the bigger series and its a good thing for 5 tests which gives more chances for comebacks after losing the first or second test, a 3 test series is good for less signifigant series

Congratulations to the Aussies for the 5-0 whitewash. They've played some of the best cricket i've ever seen and never gave England a chance. Stuff of champions and it was perfect way to end the test careers of Glenn, Shane and Langer.

If it makes anyone feel any better I'd reckon the Aussies would have thrashed any team 5-0 on this summer's performance. It was the best that I've seen in my lifetime.

Feelin Blue? said:
This is one of the bigger series and its a good thing for 5 tests which gives more chances for comebacks after losing the first or second test, a 3 test series is good for less signifigant series
The Ashes is the BIGGEST series. It symbolises the sport.

We did play good cricket and it was unlucky for England because they didn't play all that bad at times, they just caught us at our peek

sohummisra said:
Congratulations to the Aussies for the 5-0 whitewash. The only downside of this is the drone of the Aussie arrogance for a few months now. ;)
It was a 5-0 whitewash with many great cricket moments, so bugger a
few months of Aussie arrogance, we're going to be hounding the Poms
over this for decades to come.

Lucky thing you go for India... (my 2nd favourite team :)).

Users who are viewing this thread