England in Australia

I was just wondering if any of the replacements have had international experience as of yet or if they could potential end up like Ramprakash did for us?

Following a debate on the radio I'd like to note that I've got no problem with the Aussie team getting MBE's or simular and I reckon Sir Shane sounds pretty good :p

barmyarmy said:
Following a debate on the radio I'd like to note that I've got no problem with the Aussie team getting MBE's or simular and I reckon Sir Shane sounds pretty good :p
Haha, I reckon they should after that drubbing. Although I don't think the Australian government allows their citizens to receive such things anymore.

barmyarmy said:
I reckon Sir Shane sounds pretty good :p

I agree, for all of his acchievements and success on the cricket field, he certainly deserves it. His the only one in Wisden's 5 cricketers of the century without 'sir' infront of his name.

Thanks for the thought, old son but these guys play for only two things - #1 their country and #2 their team-mates. They don't want some silly old pommy, mean-nothing award. Just a goodonya' from the crowd is enough.

well .owards to the 1day series..

and Tests are our stronger suit...

Gods knows what will happen in 1-dayers, cos we are truely hopelsss at them.

PS: hope this is the last we have seen of Saj Mahmood in Test cricket....

davefryer said:
Thanks for the thought, old son but these guys play for only two things - #1 their country and #2 their team-mates. They don't want some silly old pommy, mean-nothing award. Just a goodonya' from the crowd is enough.

Ah the famous Aussie egalitarian instinct.
Are you saying his K meant nothing to the Don?

nightprowler10 said:
Haha, I reckon they should after that drubbing. Although I don't think the Australian government allows their citizens to receive such things anymore.
The Australian government has no control over the awards the citizens receive. They just have no relevance or signifigance within the country in much the same way as the French Croix de Guerre is freely awarded yet is only a personal and not national honour. All the same, I reckon it would be a laugh and a half if the Poms did hand out a couple of their pompously silly awards! :rolleyes:

Unbelievable statistic that all of our batsmen (bar Marto) made 100s and all of our bowlers took 20+ wickets. That's one hell of a team performance. That's the major difference this this time around - everyone turned up to play and not just Warnie. Plus we knew the poms gameplans this time around, bonus that they didn't bring a plan B.

Clark is the most unbelievable find ever - without him the warne and mcgrath departure would be a hell of a lot more worrying. And Huss...holy god is he good. We have Haddin and Rogers who can come in as well at the expense of Gilly and JL...those guys have done the exact same hard yards at domestic level as Huss and Clark and could be just as successful. What to do about Warnie though? I hope MacGill gets back into training, because if he plays as well as he has for Australia....we could hear McGrath predicting yet another 5-0 result in 2009.

Who needs Shane Watson? I mean, if we were just trying to copy England we need not worry anymore right? Do they have an allrounder? Anyways, we got big Roy the destroyer....the best all rounder in international cricket!!!

I'm getting tired of saying this but we should play Stuart Broad. He and Hoggard are the only players we've got that can actually throw the ball on the cut bit :p and he can bat. he used to be though of as an allrounder

Users who are viewing this thread