England in India - Oct to Jan 2012/13

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Imagine if we were to lose this, oh poor Dhoni, house on fire I bet.

leomcg

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think Root and Compton(whoever plays) will get absolutely murdered against spin. Looking forward to seeing Morgan back tho

shamik

School Cricketer
Hope india revenge the 4-0 whitewash.we have good spinners,balanced pacers and well batsmen.come on england,we will show you

War

Chairman of Selectors
Man of the match was Shaun Udal (a spinner) though iirc lol

Anyway tipping a 2-0 series win in India's favor now that KP's returned (changing from my initial 4-0 whitewash prediction heh).

Yea Udal played a key role on the final innings after the quicks did the damage for the majority of the test.

S

Satan666

Imagine if we were to lose this, oh poor Dhoni, house on fire I bet.

This is the type of things we don't need how can you even think of something like that, he has a family.

Lets look at some current test rankings indicative of which team is better overall at the moment:

-Eng ranked 2nd and India 5th in tests.
-England boast four batsmen in the top 20 whilst India have only one, a 38 year old ranked 16th.
-England have two bowlers ranked in the top 10, India have none!

So it shouldn't cause such reaction if India were to lose to England!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This is the type of things we don't need how can you even think of something like that, he has a family.

Lets look at some current test rankings indicative of which team is better overall at the moment:

-Eng ranked 2nd and India 5th in tests.
-England boast four batsmen in the top 20 whilst India have only one, a 38 year old ranked 16th.
-England have two bowlers ranked in the top 10, India have none!

So it shouldn't cause such reaction if India were to lose to England!

When we went to England last year, we were no 1 in test rankings, did you see any sign of a no 1 Indian team in England? It's not about rankings, it's about which team plays better on a particular day or in a particular session which decides which team will do better in the test. These people are predicting result of the series based on England's spin problems. I agree that Ashwin and Ojha are not really good yet and they are still learning but they will be good enough to run through England lineup if England play the way they have been playing against spin. I actually don't even know why am I even writing this because you come and write this kind of ---- every time before a match or a series and when India wins you disappear. So yeah, not much change I see in you.

----------

England in India 2012-13 : Sky and BCCI in pre-series dispute | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Yes Sky, show them the moneyyyyyyyyy otherwise you won't get ---- in the ground.

S

Satan666

When we went to England last year, we were no 1 in test rankings, did you see any sign of a no 1 Indian team in England? It's not about rankings, it's about which team plays better on a particular day or in a particular session which decides which team will do better in the test. These people are predicting result of the series based on England's spin problems. I agree that Ashwin and Ojha are not really good yet and they are still learning but they will be good enough to run through England lineup if England play the way they have been playing against spin. I actually don't even know why am I even writing this because you come and write this kind of ---- every time before a match or a series and when India wins you disappear. So yeah, not much change I see in you.

----------

England in India 2012-13 : Sky and BCCI in pre-series dispute | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Yes Sky, show them the moneyyyyyyyyy otherwise you won't get ---- in the ground.

I agree India are not going to be pushovers but at the same time predicting a 4-0 loss is too far fetched.

The team rankings have always been questionable, yes. However the individual player rankings is fair and free from corruption.

I disagree that it depends on how a player or team plays in a series indicates the winner, if it were so Bangladesh, NZ and WI wouldnt have been ranked at the bottom of the table.

S

Satan666

@Aaalay:

You claim I disappear when India wins, its not so I post less since each post of mines has to be approved by a moderator before it goes on the board and as such my replies/convos are curtailed. iTs nothing sinister!

War

Chairman of Selectors
BCCI again.:facepalm I would hate if i don't get the sky commentary team for this series.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Dude, this is Sky's mistake for assuming that they get all the facilities as part of the TV rights. They should have checked up with the BCCI and confirmed on each and every benefit that they get from the TV rights contract.

Obviously the BCCI will milk money from coverage providers because Indian cricket is a cash cow. If Sky doesn't want to pay money, never mind.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
BCCI in trying to get more money shocker. Lack of professionalism being shown, but then the BCCI are one organisation that you don't associate with being professional.

CricEnthusiast

School Cricketer
I bet India will sweep the series 4-0. There's no way the England spinners can face the likes of Ashwin and Ojha on turning tracks. It's just a pity that England won't come during the summer of India and play in the heat. If they would have come they would've left the series halfway:lol:rolleyes

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I agree India are not going to be pushovers but at the same time predicting a 4-0 loss is too far fetched.

The team rankings have always been questionable, yes. However the individual player rankings is fair and free from corruption.

I disagree that it depends on how a player or team plays in a series indicates the winner, if it were so Bangladesh, NZ and WI wouldnt have been ranked at the bottom of the table.

If you go through the pages of this thread, you will find out that everybody predicted 2-0 for India and I said 2-1 or 3-1 for India I think. We all have given England a chance because they are a good team and Indians always tend to mess up in one of the game no matter how good their team is. Though this time around, India is without experience players like Laxman and Dravid and have a new middle order for this format which is a worrying sign. But as I mentioned in my last post that the way England played against Indian spinners in that T20 WC match and how they have been playing spin in last 7 to 8 months makes the case stronger for Indians in this series.

And yes, result does depend on how a team plays in the series. When did those 3 team you mentioned played quality cricket in a test series that they deserve to be higher in the rankings?

Users who are viewing this thread