England In India - October 2011/12

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't Indians just accept that they were thrashed 4-0. England had injured players aswell but have good players to come in and the fact that India have so many injuries shows that they are unfit and it is tough, all teams have injuries and it is no excuse. Indian fans outside the ground today were still shouting that they think they're really number 1, they just need to accept the loss. It's a shame Tendulkar didn't get his century purely because I would have liked to have been at the match when he got his 100th ton.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I guess it's the same world where once reading and digesting 'Paradise Lost' could be considered impressive, is today replaced with watching an entire series of Total Wipeout...

I fail to see whats wrong with that.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I fail to see whats wrong with that.

I happen to hate Paradise Lost. It is one of the most difficult pieces of literature I've ever had to read. The original transcript of Beowulf was easier. Not the Germanic one of course.

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
Very impressed with the humility and good grace of certain Indian members; unsurprised about the lack thereof of other Indian members.

This will go down as one of my favourite ever England series, just for the overratedness of the opposition and the level of domination exerted by us.

Spare a thought for Rahul Dravid though, who, along with Praveen Kumar, played well enough to make a case for getting in to the England team. The rest of the Indians wouldn't get into the Lions side, judging by this form..

One ought to remember that that is a relative statement because Tendulkar, Sehwag, Laxman, Dhoni and Zaheer would all get into the Lions team :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah I agree. It's not easy to take a big defeat with good grace and the Indian fans haven't had as much practice as we have.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Historic Lose to India I suppose, Something They hadn't dreamt for years and wont dream for yearsss to come....

macintosh

Club Captain
Sachin= choke=

No need to comment on that, everybody knows what he is. Maybe you should import an overseas player who has the potential to be the next SRT. Because you will never get one in England

I do want to deconstruct this a bit:
Zaheer Khan = Chris Tremlett (best bowler at Lord's - injured after one test)
Gambhir = Trott (played while injured and missed games)

Sehwag = chose not to have the operation he needed after the WC so he could play in the IPL. Not bad luck - deliberate planning.
Harbhajan - looked dreadful in the games he played. Him being injured probably strengthened the team.
Yuvraj - couldn't get in the team at the start of the series. Bowling looked rusty and batting was very suspect against the short ball. Not a test player.
Praveen Kumar - a genuine loss but only for 1 match. Don't tell me the series was lost at the Oval.

The key to being number 1 is strength in depth and the fact remains that England did have injuries to key players but were able to replace them.

Man England pwned India like the way the Nazi's would have pwned Gandi's non violent movement

I was researching why England have so many replacements,
this is what i found out, its and ugly and uncomfortable truth for some:facepalm
you have been racial and offensive towards my country, time to tell you some truth,

Nine post-war England captains: Gubby Allen (born in Australia), Freddie Brown (Peru), Donald Carr (Germany), Colin Cowdrey ( India), Ted Dexter (Italy), Greig and Lamb (South Africa), Nasser Hussain (India) and Andrew Strauss (South Africa).

Some England players and where they actually belong,
Michael Lumb - South Africa
Kevin Pietersen - South Africa
Jonathan Trott - South Africa
Craig Kieswetter - South Africa
Eoin Morgan - Ireland
Andy Caddick - New Zealand
Craig White - was born in England,Having played in Australia, White was not initially qualified to play for England, and yorkshire listed him as an overseas player, then he went on to play international cricket then.
Graeme Hick - Zimbabwe
Robin Smith - South Africa
Chris Smith - South Africa
Allan Lamb - South Africa
Tony Greig - South Africa
Hollioake brothers - Australia
Gladstone Small - West Indies
Phil DeFreitas - West Indies
Devon Malcolm - West Indies

Skipper Andrew Strauss was born in Johannesburg, but left South Africa at the age of six. He first learnt the game in Australia, as it happens. Matt Prior was 11 when he left South Africa, and proudly claims to have lost his accent "within a week".

In all, 61 overseas-born players from 15 countries ? including unlikely places like Peru, Hong Kong, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Papua New Guinea ? have played Test cricket for England.

I wonder why you have so many replacements
And still you struggled for so many years in international test cricket:facepalm
and still have an average ODI team.

Don't you have enough talent in England?

Would you have won the t20 world cup without Kevin Pietersen and Craig Keiswetter?

Would you have really grown in cricket despite of your traditional old school cricket management if you had only English cricketers in your team?

Do you think England would have achieved the number 1 test status without the non english players?

Answer is no. And now you people will just follow this up with abusive, offensive and racist remarks, thats what i expect from some of the English fans who are provoking me to write this post.

m sorry to English supporters:noway I have no option, these people are getting personal and being too offensive, I didn't wish to write something like this.

Last edited:

Manly

Thor
No need to comment on that, everybody knows what he is. Maybe you should import an overseas player who has the potential to be the next SRT. Because you will never get one in England

this is what i found out, its and ugly and uncomfortable truth for some:facepalm
you have been racial and offensive towards my country, time to tell you some truth,

Nine post-war England captains: Gubby Allen (born in Australia), Freddie Brown (Peru), Donald Carr (Germany), Colin Cowdrey ( India), Ted Dexter (Italy), Greig and Lamb (South Africa), Nasser Hussain (India) and Andrew Strauss (South Africa).

Eoin Morgan - Ireland
Craig White - was born in England,Having played in Australia, White was not initially qualified to play for England, and yorkshire listed him as an overseas player, then he went on to play international cricket then.
Graeme Hick - Zimbabwe

Skipper Andrew Strauss was born in Johannesburg, but left South Africa at the age of six. He first learnt the game in Australia, as it happens. Matt Prior was 11 when he left South Africa, and proudly claims to have lost his accent "within a week".

In all, 61 overseas-born players from 15 countries ? including unlikely places like Peru, Hong Kong, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Papua New Guinea ? have played Test cricket for England.

And still you struggled for so many years in international test cricket:facepalm

Would you have won the t20 world cup without Kevin Pietersen and Craig Keiswetter?

Would you have really grown in cricket despite of your traditional old school cricket management if you had only English cricketers in your team?

Do you think England would have achieved the number 1 test status without the non english players?

Answer is no. And now you people will just follow this up with abusive, offensive and racist remarks, thats what i expect from some of the English fans who are provoking me to write this post.

m sorry to English supporters:noway I have no option, these people are getting personal and being too offensive, I didn't wish to write something like this.

This seems very straws-clutchy.

P

pcfan123

Eoin Morgan - Ireland
Graeme Hick - Zimbabwe

7OwIv.gif

Users who are viewing this thread