Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Monty was the pick of the 4 spinners, yay! Actually troubled Indian spinners, yes you heard that right :D

Dravid and Sachin 2 of his 3 test wickets too.

Expecting a boring draw today, turned out a little different.

PLunkett for Blackwell at Mohali please selectors,

The fact Blackwell was anywhere near the test team in the first place was a joke, I'd rather have had Anderson play in this match and that says it all for me. How the selectors thought a distinctly average county spinner who can 'bat' (He's a slogger really) would do well I don't know. Atleast Giles has a decent county record and actually picked up wickets before the test matches last year.

He can stay for the ODI's though!

Anyway, onto this match.

Fair play to both sides for trying to make a game out of it in the end and making what could've been a dull draw into something that wasn't painful on the ears! Panesar again showing his talent. Looked a pretty good ball to get Dravid, can't imagine too many bowlers can say they've knocked back his off stump.

All in all a good game of cricket, bring on Mohali!

India must play with 3 seamers at Mohali, may be Patel or VRV along with Pathan and Sreesanth and one spinner, Kumble or Chawala. Will Yuvraj play in the next game?

I think India very nicely got the pscyhological edge at the end of the days play.When Pathan was going I am sure he scared the hell out of Flintoff and Co.

Agreed India didnt stood much of a chance but the guys really did well at the end . I think this would be a wake up call for the Indian team.

A fact :
"England played to thier full potential and still could not dismantle Indians who were well below thier par.So something for the English think tank to ponder over"

ronny_kingsley said:
A fact :"England played to thier full potential and still could not dismantle Indians who were well below thier par.So something for the English think tank to ponder over"

I would say you were below par in the field and with the ball, but not batting. So this fact is null and void.

ronny_kingsley said:
A fact :
"England played to thier full potential and still could not dismantle Indians who were well below thier par.So something for the English think tank to ponder over"

No-way can you describe an absymal first innings batting display as 'playing to their full potential'. Bowling-wise they were better but Harmison was off-form, Flintoff was inconsistent and Blackwell was inconsequential.
Both sides can improve a lot but that stats from the first test show that England scored 690 runs and took 16 wickets whereas India only scored 583 runs and took 13 wickets. Had this been a 6 or 7 day test India would probably have lost.

vibs89 said:
Yeah Bullshit. Maybe Freddie had a little chat with Umpires and gave him money that if you draw you'll get the amount of money. Lolz ;) . Everybody is scared of Sachin the little master.
Watch your language, please.

And England were robbed of a win here by the light. They could've won it from here on, as long as they kept Sachin off strike.

nightprowler10 said:
And England were robbed of a win here by the light. They could've won it from here on, as long as they kept Sachin off strike.

Not sure I agree with that. The bowlers were getting tired and the batsmen were scoring pretty fast with the first innings heros yet to even come in.

barmyarmy said:
Had this been a 6 or 7 day test India would probably have lost.
England only really needed another hour or so and they would've won it.

barmyarmy said:
Not sure I agree with that. The bowlers were getting tired and the batsmen were scoring pretty fast with the first innings heros yet to even come in.
Good point. I forgot about Kaif and Laxman.

nightprowler10 said:
England only really needed another hour or so and they would've won it.

India wouldn't have launched such an aggressive attack had there been that much time left so the circumstance would never have arisen.

why thas dhoni don't come up the order after scoring 185 in odi against sri lanka he comes at number 6 this does'nt make sence to me. hey indian does munaf patel bowl's at 90 mph

ronny_kingsley said:
I think India very nicely got the pscyhological edge at the end of the days play.When Pathan was going I am sure he scared the hell out of Flintoff and Co.

Agreed India didnt stood much of a chance but the guys really did well at the end . I think this would be a wake up call for the Indian team.

A fact :
Get a life dude. India just played better on day 1, and were pretty much playing for the draw on the last day.

Its the home side that has all the thinking to do, as to how they were almost beaten by an injury-hit England side, and in their own backyard?

So much was being said of how the England batsmen wont be able to handle the Indian spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread