Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I still reckon that England have more of the momentum going into the 2nd Test. Both England and India were going for the win but if India were 8/9 wickets down they would of gone for a draw.

Interesting match. 3 players recorded their first ever centuries this match- Cook, Collingwood and Jaffer, and add Kaif(91), Panesar(9), Sreesanth(1), Blackwell(4) to get the list of players who maide their highest ever test scores. Also 2 bowlers took their first ever test wicket.

actual name of panesar is. ??????? Singh Panesar check cricinfo to see what's the first name

also his mom and dad will be at the second test.
oh yeah why people call him monty and not mudhsuden singh panesar

Last edited:
first 100 by jaffer i think jaffer and dravid saved the match.

guy look at this what is going on in this pix.

Attachments

• 59961.jpg
    59961.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 61
Raina and VRV left out, Munaf and Yuvi back in:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/239633.html

I am hoping Laxamn is dropped, so our playing XI has Jaffer, Viru, Dravid, Sachin, Yuvi, Kaif, Dhoni, Pathan, Kumble, Munaf, Sreesanth. Mohali is expected to be a seaming wicket, so bowling first with three quicks is pretty tempting. Even if it is a dustbowl, Munaf can't do worse than Bhajji.

varunvgiri said:
You dont care about whether Jaffer getting dropped was a right decision or not BUT u care whether dropping Ganguly was right or wrong.Why????????
. Ganguly was born into one of the richest families in Kolkatta and was privileged from bith. Jaffer is the son of a bus driver, has no godfathers, got into the team both times purely o the basis of performances not because he's a Bengali or a Malayali. And you care more about Ganguly who has a hundred powerful godfathers.....

What is this absolute fantastic form of Ganguly that you are talking about.A forty and a near forty.

Ganguly has never had a great test record to be honest. He averages just above 40. At this age you do not expect him to get better than he was before. Quite honestly, Ganguly at his best would have had to fight hard with Yuvraj for a place in this team....

Do you really read and understand what I am trying to say? Ganguly's form is definitely good at the moment. and his experience is surpassed only by two players in the team - dravid and tendulkar (in the batting!). he is definitely muvch more better when compared to VVS Laxman or Virender Sehwag.

Seaming wicket is fine as far as we're concerned. England's seamers are certainly better than India's and putting Plunkett in will reduce the workload on Freddie, Hoggy and Harmy.

@ Sai - can't see Chappell picking Ganguly at present

m_vaughan said:
But I think England will get more confidence out of this game, because despite having a severely depleted side, they matched the Indians in their own backyard and in my opinion outplayed them. They scored more runs and picked up more wickets than the home side. Lets hope they can carry on the momentum into the rest of the tour.

Kudos to Andrew Flintoff and his Team England.

No way! Now the confidence is hanging on the balance for both sides! That innings from Pathan, Dravid and the little cameo from Tendulkar (28 off 19 balls!) will definitely galvanise this side. You have to win the first test and put them under pressure. If you allow them to escape with a hard fought draw, they are going to come back roaring at you! Watch out for Mohali!

barmyarmy said:
Seaming wicket is fine as far as we're concerned. England's seamers are certainly better than India's and putting Plunkett in will reduce the workload on Freddie, Hoggy and Harmy.

@ Sai - can't see Chappell picking Ganguly at present

yep.. england seamers are heaps better than indian seamers :( :crying

LOL !! i dont ganguly coming back into the indian side unless he does something extraordinary :p

Users who are viewing this thread