Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
stevie said:
I'm subcribed to it. :p

I'm not surprised with Patel being the worst on the list to be honest. Anyway, another top day for England until Strauss and Bell were out. Would like a few more than 300, but yes, 300 would be a good target.

Well done stevie! :p Where do you get the money? ;)

With the might of Udal at the crease, 400 is on the cards! :)

Still Pieterson, Flintoff, and Jones to come aswel as Shah who looks comfortable. England need to bowl at India for 10 overs tomorrow night in my opinion.

England also need to keep in mind that they need to win this match to level the series, and setting a ginormous target probably won't help them in that regard.

Somewhere around 370 would be a good target, to maybe tempt India into madness and bowl them out cheaply :p.

andrew_nixon said:
England's problem of removing tail-enders strikes again.

I wouldn't call Kumble a tail ender.

Average of over 18, higher than Chris Reads.....

ZoraxDoom said:
Sreesanth finds the nick of Udal (Nightwatchman) huge appeal, NOT OUT!! 2 poor decisions this match. The Snicko showed no edge, replays did however, and there was a hiuge noise - Bat in air, away from thigh pad, above the stumps.
And then Sreesanth finds the edge of Udal, goes straight to Yuvraj, in his hands, AND DROPPED!! Sreesanth must have had like 20 wicket chances lost in his career so far, right? And thats only a handful of ODIs and 1 1/2 test matches...
England 2 down at stumps for not much.

Again showing that even technology doesn't get it right all the time.

Snicko is supposed to be 95% accurate.

stevie said:
I'm subcribed to it. :p

Me too, great reads.
Bit on best batters last month was great though.

Loved the response in the letters this month though.

They never said Hayden was the best batsman of the last 10 years, just statistically he is.

Drewska said:
Somewhere around 370 would be a good target, to maybe tempt India into madness and bowl them out cheaply :p.
Indians should not try to chase anything above 300-320 on the final day.But then every thing is played session by session.They should play the 1st 2 sessions on day 5 normally and should not go into a shell.Depending on what the picture is like in the final session they should decide whether to go for it or not.Personally I feel that Indians should make scoring really hard for the visitors on day 4 as it is the visiting team which is more keen to get a result.

newzolt said:
Indians should not try to chase anything above 300-320 on the final day.But then every thing is played session by session.They should play the 1st 2 sessions on day 5 normally and should not go into a shell.Depending on what the picture is like in the final session they should decide whether to go for it or not.Personally I feel that Indians should make scoring really hard for the visitors on day 4 as it is the visiting team which is more keen to get a result.

The thing is if we score set around 300-320, I would imagine there would be quite alot of day 4 left, so India could potentially end up with needing say something between 200-230 on the last day. All this is if it goes India's way ofcourse! We could end up setting more and getting a few quick wickets.

stevie said:
The thing is if we score set around 300-320, I would imagine there would be quite alot of day 4 left, so India could potentially end up with needing say something between 200-230 on the last day. All this is if it goes India's way ofcourse! We could end up setting more and getting a few quick wickets.
Agreed.The game is very much open and can go in anyone's favour from the present situation.

newzolt said:

Yeah! Anything above 320 and India need to shut doors and close victory out of sight (but play positively!). But lets see what happens tomorrow. I guess one more twist to this intriguing tale??

How about promoting Sreesanth in some future games? I know its revolutionary, but it would be an added bonus if he could turn out to be another allrounder for team India. Kinda like Pathan.

prarara said:
How about promoting Sreesanth in some future games? I know its revolutionary, but it would be an added bonus if he could turn out to be another allrounder for team India. Kinda like Pathan.

Certainly not at the cost of Sreesanth losing his pace and his bowling being given less importance! If we keep turning bowlers into batsman, where do we get good bowlers from?

saisrini80 said:
Certainly not at the cost of Sreesanth losing his pace and his bowling being given less importance! If we keep turning bowlers into batsman, where do we get good bowlers from?

I agree. There is no need for Sreesanth to turn into an allrounder at the cost of his bowling. In my opinion, if you were desperate for another batsmen, I would drop Harbahjan, and bring in Kaif. Then you have 3 seamers and a quality spinner. I just feel Harbahjan's position if wasted! I know you will all say well he has done it for years and is always capable. But the fact of the matter is he isn't doing it right now. Just use Kumble and the 3 seamers for now, then when Kumble retires give Harbahjan another try.

saisrini80 said:
...from the domestic teams... ;) JK, but having some batting talent wouldn't hurt. Look at Flintoff, he can bat and still bowl with fury and pace.

prarara said:
...from the domestic teams... ;) JK, but having some batting talent wouldn't hurt. Look at Flintoff, he can bat and still bowl with fury and pace.

Yes but Flintoff has always been an all-rounder. Developing a player into an all-rounder can have effects on the stronger element of their game.

It would be a bad move to try make Sreesanth an all-rounder.

JamesyJames3 said:
Yes but Flintoff has always been an all-rounder. Developing a player into an all-rounder can have effects on the stronger element of their game.

It would be a bad move to try make Sreesanth an all-rounder.
Flintoff started off as primarily a bowler, didn't he? Also, Sehwag started off as a bowler who could bat a bit. Agarkar was a batsman who could bowl a bit. Sreesanth, it seems, started off as a batter. But I don't think we should give Sreesanth any whiff of the cheesecake. He should concentrate primarily and purely on the bowling, and get his net batting sessions on par with the other tailenders.

JamesyJames3 said:
I agree. There is no need for Sreesanth to turn into an allrounder at the cost of his bowling. In my opinion, if you were desperate for another batsmen, I would drop Harbahjan, and bring in Kaif. Then you have 3 seamers and a quality spinner. I just feel Harbahjan's position if wasted! I know you will all say well he has done it for years and is always capable. But the fact of the matter is he isn't doing it right now. Just use Kumble and the 3 seamers for now, then when Kumble retires give Harbahjan another try.

Well you cant say that! Harbhajan still has something to offer on Indian pitches. He has been extracting some disconcerting bounce and turn in the two tests at Mohali and Mumbai so far. He got 3 wickets in the first innings here and his wickets were all good ones too - pure off spinner wickets. Well he can be in the team, but India should go in with 3 seamers and a single spinner. Till our top order gets to a purple patch, we shouldnt try 5 bowlers! We dont seem to be ready for that, as Arun Lal said!

prarara said:

Very rarely do you get such quality breed of all rounders. Take Razzaq for instance, he started off as a bowler. But as he developed his batting skills, his bowling became innocous. I would put down his performance against India in the recent series to his liking for the Indian attack. Everytime, he lifts his performance against India!

sohummisra said:
Flintoff started off as primarily a bowler, didn't he? Also, Sehwag started off as a bowler who could bat a bit. Agarkar was a batsman who could bowl a bit. Sreesanth, it seems, started off as a batter. But I don't think we should give Sreesanth any whiff of the cheesecake. He should concentrate primarily and purely on the bowling, and get his net batting sessions on par with the other tailenders.

And also, most Indian tail enders find it relatively easier to bat on Indian pitches. They feel more at home and they know it better. But when they go abroad, they get sorted out. Thats where the tail enders get seperated from the lower order batsmen!

Users who are viewing this thread