• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
85/5 England !
A superb throw from Sachin gets rid of Shah ! Now Yuvi drops Freddie !
That could be the biggest miss of them all and the difference between 1-1 and 1-0 or 2-0 !!
I hope it gives Sachin the confidence to get some runs with the bat.

Drops

aditya123 said:
85/5 England !
That could be the biggest miss of them all and the difference between 1-1 and 1-0 or 2-0 !!

Dummy dropped Flintoff. Could be very very expensive.

Looks like Yuvraj is scared of fielding Close-in. Jumps up at he slightest attacking movement by the batsman.

England were batting a bit too defensively, especially Shah. If they dont manage a 325+ lead before the end of the day, they mite play for a draw instead.

England have to bat the day out donkey, they've already lost 5 wickets and if they don't have a lead of 350+ and get all out before the end of the day India will take this one. We can get India out in one day as there are a lot of wickets in this pitch.

If INdia can get one more quick wicket they could have England out for not many and will be in an winning position. is geriant Jones very close to being dropped?

Great day so far for India! Tied the runs up, got three good important wickets and I would dare say they have left England in a dilemma. England are in a position where they dont know what target to set. We can keep recommending this and that target but its important that the captain and the coach have a target in mind. But India have put those thoughts in a sort of dilemma

Negative bowling by Kumble but its working. The run rate is moving at more than snail's pace. Great throw by Tendiya to run Shah out! Great catch by Kumble. He is such a wonderful player for India! Bring him on in the ODI's. Bhajji is in terrible form. Kumble is needed for the ODI's.

If India can drag England to bat out the whole day today, chances of a draw is more and more likely. If England can set a total of 350 and can have at least 3.5 sessions to bowl at India, they stand a good chance!

Very very exciting game here ON!

tsyrmas said:
If INdia can get one more quick wicket they could have England out for not many and will be in an winning position. is geriant Jones very close to being dropped?

Wickets are not coming but so are the runs. India bowling a neck wrangling line! Flintoff not going after either of the bowlers. Collingwood played two positive shots but other than that, nothing else!

hondeyho said:
England have to bat the day out donkey, they've already lost 5 wickets and if they don't have a lead of 350+ and get all out before the end of the day India will take this one. We can get India out in one day as there are a lot of wickets in this pitch.

A single day? I dont favor that! Even though our top order is in shaky form, we have some quality players. We have Jaffer and Dravid who can defend all day long.

One thing is, Sehwag is not going to open because of the time he has spent off the field. Thats interesting. Who will be opening for India when they come out to bat?

s2sschan said:
Dummy dropped Flintoff. Could be very very expensive.

Looks like Yuvraj is scared of fielding Close-in. Jumps up at he slightest attacking movement by the batsman.

The thing is, we dont have good close in fielders. Jaffer is decent but we dont have anyone else who can field at close in. Kaif is not playing and so he cant field at close in where he is pretty decent too!

aditya123 said:
85/5 England !
I hope it gives Sachin the confidence to get some runs with the bat.

Well I think a crucial difference might be the dismissal of Dhoni yesterday.

hondeyho said:

hondey ho the 6th wicket is key for england after that they just collapse everytime :rolleyes:

oh and england is not gonna get india out in a day unless sehwag and sachin have another breakdown.

most likely if england can stay alive today draw for sure or india has a decision to make go for the win or settle for the draw :cheers

Flintoff has already got 4 lives.
How can you think of winning test matches if you give a player like Flintoff 4 lives each in both the innings. Dhoni missed an easy stumping chance.

Pathan`s bowling is looking very disaointing indeed.
And why Munaf has`nt be given even an over after lunch, I don`t know ! He is our best reverse-swing bowler.

Sehwag not opening may well be a blessing in disguise.
I feel India should not open with Dravid.
Maybe send Pathan up to open because we should not risk our best batsman against the new ball which is most likely to get his wicket (not that he cannot face the new ball) . England`s best chance of getting Dravid will be with the new ball and they won`t mind seeing him open.

Dean Jones is talking about England setting 270 as a target but I can`t see that happening.
I bet they`ll set 330-350 as a target.

It's already tea. England should pick up the pace after tea and look to declare with about 30mins remaining in the session if they want to have any hope of bowling India out.

India may not be taking their chances, but the slow batting from England hasn't got them into the position they should be in. It looks like 350 is the best sort of target they are likely to set, unless they really motor after tea. For whatever reason they are playing with a must not lose attitude, which makes sense if you're leading 1-0, but very little sense when you are trailing. They've missed their chance to bat india out of the game - should be an exciting final day.

aditya123 said:
Flintoff has already got 4 lives.
How can you think of winning test matches if you give a player like Flintoff 4 lives each in both the innings. Dhoni missed an easy stumping chance.

Pathan`s bowling is looking very disaointing indeed.
And why Munaf has`nt be given even an over after lunch, I don`t know ! He is our best reverse-swing bowler.

Sehwag not opening may well be a blessing in disguise.
I feel India should not open with Dravid.
Maybe send Pathan up to open because we should not risk our best batsman against the new ball which is most likely to get his wicket (not that he cannot face the new ball) . England`s best chance of getting Dravid will be with the new ball and they won`t mind seeing him open.

Dean Jones is talking about England setting 270 as a target but I can`t see that happening.
I bet they`ll set 330-350 as a target.

Just dont care what Dean Jones say. He is too aggressive in his thinking. Sometimes you cant take such aggressive decisions.

Flintoff getting too many lives here. Thats a big disappointment from India! Giving him such lives is akin to disaster/

I wish Dhoni opens. May be India need to surprise England. Dhoni showed he can apply himself in the middle. He is better than Sehwag now in form. He can be sent in to open with Jaffer

valvolux said:
India may not be taking their chances, but the slow batting from England hasn't got them into the position they should be in. It looks like 350 is the best sort of target they are likely to set, unless they really motor after tea. For whatever reason they are playing with a must not lose attitude, which makes sense if you're leading 1-0, but very little sense when you are trailing. They've missed their chance to bat india out of the game - should be an exciting final day.

India needs to win the series and they are doing the right thing by trying to slow things down and look for a draw!

Bhajji gets the much needed breakthrough for India, Terrible shot form Collingwood but what a catch by Bhajji!, catch of the series I say.

I agree that England would be in a very comfortable postion if they batted a bit faster, we might be in for a classic tommorow.

I think England have taken bets on a 1-0 series win for India

Very disappointing run rate :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread