Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
The wicket will start cracking up, but it's just too slow to help the spinners at the moment.

I actually think that it'll be more useful to the seamers who'll like the uneven bounce as the match wears on. Bowl it straight and let the wicket do the rest... Spinners might struggle until the pitch really gets worn out which might be on day 5.

Sureshot said:
Well Jaffer shouldn't be batting was plum to Monty in Montys first over, no one can doubt it was out.

Hit him in line, pitched on middle, hitting middle and off, well beneath the knee roll.

Was mighty frustrating, as it was almost a carbon copy of Geraint Jones dismissal :(

To make matters worse almost the exact same ball hit him that was given out when Freddie was batting, only for it to be turned down this time. Was fair enough as it was going down leg, but frustrating nonetheless.

Had England had India at 70-2 with both openers back in the pavillion, would have been entirely Englands day, as it is, India are well placed to put a biggish total on the board.

Still Collingwoods superb innings had at least given England some runs on the board, and means India still need a further 300-400 runs to be in prime position.

JamesyJames3, India would love to bat into the 4th day and acheive that lead, they would then have negated the fact that they may have to bat last and chase 100-250 on the 5th day track. Forcing England to score minimum of 300 on the 4th/5th day pitch to even give themselves a chance, or bat out for the draw.

On a final note, batting last on this pitch will not be easy, and the spinners really should come into their own on the final day. Already at stages today there were a few balls, a couple from Kumble and one or two from Panesar that hit a rough patch and either gained massive bounce, or really ripped. Will definately favour the spinners.

Last edited:
tendulkar,laxman,kaif,dhoni.......still to come :happy
...and guys its the uncertainity and the human error aspect that adds to the flavour of the game.

Last edited:
puddleduck said:
JamesyJames3, India would love to bat into the 4th day and acheive that lead, they would then have negated the fact that they may have to bat last and chase 100-250 on the 5th day track. Forcing England to score minimum of 300 on the 4th/5th day pitch to even give themselves a chance, or bat out for the draw.

Yes, they may like to bat into, but I was argueing against a point that said India would want a 200 run lead. That would take up to at least tea on day 4 on this pitch. No doubt about it. They wouldn't want to do this.

I thought I saw the ultramotion of Monty`s action being shown today ?
Was there ultramotion being used in today`s game ?

donkey said:
I dont understand, how come these tailenders always manage to perform against India. It happened against Lanka, then Pak now england

Btw who else is england missing besides their captain
It was really just Shoaib Akhtar who performed with the bat against India, and he has been showing a lot of promise in the last couple of months. Maybe he can be go Imran Khan's way and improve on his batting while he's injured.

nightprowler10 said:
It was really just Shoaib Akhtar who performed with the bat against India, and he has been showing a lot of promise in the last couple of months. Maybe he can be go Imran Khan's way and improve on his batting while he's injured.
c

he`ll never come even close to Imran!
Imran is a legend of the game.

Chappell loves baiting the media, doesn't he? I like him though. We need a tough guy like him in Indian cricket to keep the big boys down... :)

Adarsh said:
Chappel hits out at Ganguly again!
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/239246.html
This is the last thing India want at the moment. Just when we thought the issue would fade away.

The interview was published in todays THE HINDU. He admits that Ganguly was the one who got him the job.For the entire text of the interview.. http://www.hindu.com/2006/03/02/stories/2006030205422200.htm

Jaffer really played well. The competition between Gambhir and him for the openers slot is going to be very good for Indian cricket.I would prefer Jaffer over Gambhir because of his excellent temperament. Gambhir has a habbit of throwing away his wicket by going for too much.

harishankar said:
Chappell loves baiting the media, doesn't he? I like him though. We need a tough guy like him in Indian cricket to keep the big boys down... :)

Completely agree with you. And the results are already showing, arent they. The flexibility and strict selection policy based on merit has defenitely brought the Indian team forward.Pathan, Dhoni and especially Yuvraj have blssomed under him. Can't wait for Kaif to get on the ship

today Dravid and Jaffer joined hands to steady the Indian reply with some cautious batting after collingwood turned the tide on indians.
so far this game has exposed the limitations of indian pace attack comprising of medium fast bowlers compared to the 140+brigade of harmison and hoggard.the spin departments of neither team was impressive.should munaf patel have been included in the squad after his recent performance against the visiting team?

newzolt said:
today Dravid and Jaffer joined hands to steady the Indian reply with some cautious batting after collingwood turned the tide on indians.
so far this game has exposed the limitations of indian pace attack comprising of medium fast bowlers compared to the 140+brigade of harmison and hoggard.the spin departments of neither team was impressive.should munaf patel have been included in the squad after his recent performance against the visiting team?

Hoggard is not 140+. None of the 140+ Engalnd bowlers( Flintoff and Harmisson) are yet to take a wicket. The Indian medium pace bowlers took seven wickets combined even though they have two world class spinners operating at the other end.

I dont see how the Indian pace attacks limitations have been exposed in comparison to the english attack

I think England threw away their upper hand gained this morning with some lackluster bowling. I thought Harmison was wayward, Flintoff did not make the batsmen play enough, Monty was adequate and Hoggard bowled well.

I am not sure about the 5th bowling option, Blackwell did not look good at all maybe he was too nervous, and eng skip did not think much of him judging by field placements right from his first ball in test cricket.

Eng need to bowl extremely well tomorrow. Dravid and Laxman will be the toughest wickets to buy. India did well to get back in.

The game though is still in balance. Good to see some battle between bat and ball after the horrible pak series.

Three sessions coming up, i would expect Indians to score about 4 an over, once they see of the first 10-15 overs, they can score at a faster rate. This will take them beyond England's score.
This will be a close match from now on, for now India has the slight advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread