England in New Zealand

Well England have saved day today..Cook has missed out on this Flat bating pitch...Martin bowls constantly on good areas..I won't say England in great trouble because still Strauss and Vaughn there..Strauss expected to opene in any case..Even after one wicket there was no need for Hoggard..
Tomorrow First session will be decisive..Hope at least England will manage to save the game..

Vaughan did what he does best which is bat. He skippered in the field pretty well too, he just didnt have a bowler look like he was going to make a breakthrough. Harmison shouldn't be near the side as I said before the game. Broad should have been in.

I reckon it's harsh sending in one of your bowlers in as a nightwatchmen after they've just bowled 30 odd overs over the last day and a half.

if he would of bowled better then he wouldnt have needed to bowl 30 odd overs,
and is anyone else getting really sick of watching harmison bowl a bad ball (again) and walk off rubbing his back/sholder/anything he can think of to blame other then himself

if he would of bowled better then he wouldnt have needed to bowl 30 odd overs,
and is anyone else getting really sick of watching harmison bowl a bad ball (again) and walk off rubbing his back/sholder/anything he can think of to blame other then himself

Lol..Spot on..:p
Actually He bowled 30 overs but he has not bowled even 3 wicket taking deliveries in that 30 overs..I think England have rushed in hurry to take Harmy in..Either Hes not fully fit or he doesn't want to play..
Broad must deserve chance at least for next match..if he would have bowl 30 overs then despite of flat pitch he should have taken at least 2 wickets..
Plus hes capable to score half of the run which he gives in the bowling..

I reckon it's harsh sending in one of your bowlers in as a nightwatchmen after they've just bowled 30 odd overs over the last day and a half.

Sending in a nightwatchmen at all was stupid. The pitch is flatter than Holland.

Loving the Broad support lads :D we've kept faith with Harmy for ages and keep waiting and waiting for him to come good. Time to give him an ultimatum, no-one gets in on reputation anymore, if you perform you're in if you don't you're out.

Anyway another quality performance from the best side in the world, cleaned up the lower order brilliantly and got the innings off to a flyer, we've got this one in the bag.

Stuart Broad is better considering the fact that he can actually bat.Harmy hasnt been effective in the recent past and has lost his rhythm. It is time to look beyond.

Why didn't they appeal for that Sidebottom ball? It was plumb!!!

Hoggard used to be a decent tail-ender, but in the last year and a half he has barely got a run. Still not as bad as Chris Martin though.

It is going to be a draw. But this game is really, really bad. I'm not one for Indian-style statements like this but it has to be said: Harmison must go. He is just a joke now. I am convinced 2004 was an aberration now, he is just gone mentally. Please just go, Steve.

It is going to be a draw. But this game is really, really bad.

The pitch is a rubbish test wicket. It's this sort of wicket that is damaging test cricket badly. A wicket like the one we saw for the ODI match here would've produced a good contest between bat and ball.

I am convinced 2004 was an aberration now, he is just gone mentally. Please just go, Steve.

His heart quite obviously isn't in it. The bits the TV coverage showed of him sitting on his own says it all really. I thought he may have turned a corner in the 3rd test in Sri Lanka, where he kept bounding in, trying his heart out on a flat deck, guess I was badly wrong.

I feel sorry for Steve Harmison. The media and fans just use him as a scapegoat and in a way it's his own fault due to how good he was. Some of you lot expect him to be the best bowler all the time, which is impossible. People need to get off of his back, it was that bashing of him that forced him out of the ODI team and surprise surprise, we didn't get any better after he left. If we're not careful we'll force our best bowler in the last decade out of the team again and be back to square one.

But yes, lets bring in another medium pacer and see how effective 3 in the team instead of 2 are.

Users who are viewing this thread