England in New Zealand

England did the right thing today. If they played to their normal aggressive ways, they probably would of given away their wickets and looking down the barrell. Although again getting in and then out.

New Zealand bowled brilliantly, especially the two spinners who gave nothing to the batsmen and variated their pace superbly.

Collingwood and Ambrose have to bad for at least 2 sessions to give England the best chance in saving the game.

Lol Kp why would I shut it, it's an internet forum designed for people to talk about cricket. If I think England are crap I've got the right to say it and I'm sure it will pain you all to see it because deep down you know it's true :D Calm down too, you're so wummable.

I do ignore arrogant fans stevie, my posts aren't in response to theirs but they respond to mine. How anyone can believe we're even cose to the second best side in the world currently is beyond me.
Australia>>>>India>>>South Africa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else.
There is nothing constructive to post, against a side we apparently should be cruising to victory against we've managed to get ourself in a position where it's impossible to win after 3 days, we aren't that good.

Lol Kp why would I shut it, it's an internet forum designed for people to talk about cricket. If I think England are crap I've got the right to say it and I'm sure it will pain you all to see it because deep down you know it's true :D Calm down too, you're so wummable.

I do ignore arrogant fans stevie, my posts aren't in response to theirs but they respond to mine. How anyone can believe we're even cose to the second best side in the world currently is beyond me.
Australia>>>>India>>>South Africa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else.
There is nothing constructive to post, against a side we apparently should be cruising to victory against we've managed to get ourself in a position where it's impossible to win after 3 days, we aren't that good.

When you say the same thing in each post, it really doesn't contribute anything, does it?

When you say the same thing in each post, it really doesn't contribute anything, does it?
I don't though I talk about different reasons why we're crap it's just that when you see my post you all ignore the rest and focus on the fact I think we're crap :p

Any you think winding up other members does? As a member of staff id expect you to know better.

Wummable ? :S It may be your right to say what you believe, but do you have to ram it down our throats so often, and put it in such a way that it makes you look like a complete fool ?. Thought not. Give it a rest mate.

But at least we're in a good enough position not to lose the game. If we have a good couple of sessions with the bat tommorow there's no chance of losing the game either. Every side draws games, especially on a pitch like this one. We should have bowled better, but apart from Sidebottom the bowlers haven't really had much chance to bowl, other than the 2 warm-up games. Our batsman have played well, albeit getting out after getting starts, but at least they're getting starts. Strauss, Vaughan, Pietersen and Bell all looked in good nick when they were out there, they just fell victim to some good bowling and slightly bowler friendly pitch. I personally believe we have the talent and desire to be as good as the teams mentioned above. We have South Africa at home this year, and a win in that series is a must, and if we do win it, it should prove to the pessimists that we are infact a good team, however much you hate to admit it.

The past 2 series have been fairly poor, although saying that, we did lose away to Sri Lanka, a very tough place to go, and we lost a massively injury effected India home tour against a top side. Hardly disastrous. We're still recovering from the mess left by Fletcher and the 2006/7 Ashes tour. I think in 3-4 years we'll be in the top 3 easily, if not at the top. We're a far a better side than you're making out.

Today proved why I love watching Vettori bowl.

Changes in flight, pace and spin. Monty could learn a few things. Plus, Vettori's action is a dream.

If we win against South Africa then I will be prepared to admit we're a good side. Sadly I won't have too. At the end of the day if my posts really do get you so worked up i'd be on your ignore list. It's there for a reason, use it. I don't like having to read about people saying England being good in every other post but you don't see me starting arguments like this with them.

I'm not arguing with any of you anymore. If I think we're crap I'll say it and if you want to call me a ****** because I disagree with you feel free because I'm not going to respond.

If we win against South Africa then I will be prepared to admit we're a good side. Sadly I won't have too. At the end of the day if my posts really do get you so worked up i'd be on your ignore list. It's there for a reason, use it. I don't like having to read about people saying England being good in every other post but you don't see me starting arguments like this with them.

I'm not arguing with any of you anymore. If I think we're crap I'll say it and if you want to call me a ****** because I disagree with you feel free because I'm not going to respond.

You may think England are crap, but you would be wrong.

England did the right thing today. If they played to their normal aggressive ways, they probably would of given away their wickets and looking down the barrell. Although again getting in and then out.

New Zealand bowled brilliantly, especially the two spinners who gave nothing to the batsmen and variated their pace superbly.

Collingwood and Ambrose have to bad for at least 2 sessions to give England the best chance in saving the game.

I think one session will do us. I'd give us credit enough to be able to bat an entire final day out. The pitch isn't going to change that much. So long as we don't play the spinners awfully we should be alright last day. Besides I don't think Vettori will push it so much as to set us 250-300 in a day. They'll bat till they definitely don't lose. Especially in a first test of a series.

Move on from this please, lads.

Scoring rates is something I want to touch upon [/oohmatron]

England have scored very slowly, but given the Black Caps 470 in the 1st innings does it really matter? Having scored 470 and with the form of Hoggard and Harmison we weren't going to post 600 and bowl them out for 100 on the last day were we?

Best we get a poor performance with the ball out of the way here and escape with a draw then draw up some balls and make some changes for the next test.

Despite making 40 odd (not good enough on this pitch imo) I think that Strauss looked very uncomfortable and was lucky to get past 40. I'd be tempted, no I would, bring in Shah. He's a number 3 by trade.

I agree. I said at the start I wouldn't have played Strauss simply because on merit he never deserved to be back in the squad. He got back in because of the ineptitude of others. Which is never a formula for success. I'd have been much happier seeing us bring an unproven player at international level who appears to have what it takes to make it, i.e a Carberry or a Denly.

But, yeah I'd have played Shah instead of Strauss myself in this game, as I said before it started.

Strauss wasn't lucky to get past 40 - he was very solid and barely gave the bowlers a chance. Very attritional.

Users who are viewing this thread