England in New Zealand

Wow..Now People saying Strauss is not good enough to international level..then let me ask Who is from English team good enough to international level except KP???
What Vaughn did for England that Strauss didn't???
Thats rubbish..Strauss is a good player..He has a potential..Its just you don't show confidence in him..Hes playing first time one down..
Anyway England have nearly won this..Good thing is they have lots of time in their hand..

Well done England.

Something I posted on another forum, but I thought I'd share here.

Can we honestly call Martin our premier bowler with figures like that? Drop him.

What has Gillespie contributed to the game aside from dropped catches? Oh, mopping up the tail, because Martin can't do it.

Is Oram out of action for Day 4 and 5? Patel came in because he had to go off.

Would Southee had done any worse with the ball, bat and fielding catches than Gillespie and Martin combined? He just mopped up the Aces tail for Knights with 4 wickets starting from number 6 down.

Is Sinclair a loner but seeks attention to himself?

Is Fleming FINALLY going to get a big one when NZ comes out to bat to save the test?

It'll probably be the only thing to look forward to for this unit aside from drawing the test, which is highly unlikely.

How would England feel if they fail to win from this position?

Is Mark Richardson the new Ian Healy of cricket commentary?

At one stage when England were ahead 364, and having seen NZ collapse their last two innings at bat for under 200, he still thought we had a chance of winning handsomely. Is he high?

My God you are a Question bank!!!!Lol..
Ya I am agree about Sinclair,Time up for him...Martin well..Without Bond He has been NZ prime bowler although he has done his duty or not I can't tell you..

Well England losing from here"""Touch wood no for that KP and I Bell need to bowl most of overs"""..Or you need to call back N Astel and C Crains...

I think you are being harsh on Chris Martin. He's been our best pace bowler aside from Bondy for a long time. Gillespie is a bit expensive. He's a decent bowler, he just needs to gain experience and also needs to bowl less four balls each over. He's not long back from an injury. It's a little harsh to talk too badly about him. Mind you, i'd replace him with Southee as Mills and Martin have been and are better.

Our batting has let us down this game pure and simple.

I really don't like Sinclair. I'm sick of his silly acts on the field. I haven't seen today's happening but apparently he was acting like a child when he made a small graze on his elbow and was childish when mis-fielding the ball.

Matthew Bell deserves a few more goes, at least this last test. I can't think of anyone better to replace him with to be honest. Except Papps, but he's one of those guys who has struggled the step up. He's too edgy.

Southee needs to be in the squad at least. He's our future.

Oh and big news. Would you believe this.

James Anderson has an ankle injury after playing football after the days play. How silly is that. Why were they playing football, that's just dumb if you ask me. At least that gives us a better chance. He was really the only destroyer.

Last edited:
Oh My god..:eek::eek::confused:
You have used good word for tht 'silly".I would say more Harsh..
Means you are in the test match..On Driving seat..You know you gonna bowl in 4th innings..And you need to take 10 wickets for that you have to bowl more overs...Out of these all scenarios when you are prime bowler of that team,Its just Unbelievable..People complain that So much cricket these days and no rest for Fast bowlers..But Are they really want rest???He should had take rest at that time instead he was playing Football...
Hope Injury was not so serious..:upray

I think you are being harsh on Chris Martin. He's been our best pace bowler aside from Bondy for a long time. Gillespie is a bit expensive. He's a decent bowler, he just needs to gain experience and also needs to bowl less four balls each over. He's not long back from an injury. It's a little harsh to talk too badly about him. Mind you, i'd replace him with Southee as Mills and Martin have been and are better.

Our batting has let us down this game pure and simple.

I really don't like Sinclair. I'm sick of his silly acts on the field. I haven't seen today's happening but apparently he was acting like a child when he made a small graze on his elbow and was childish when mis-fielding the ball.

Matthew Bell deserves a few more goes, at least this last test. I can't think of anyone better to replace him with to be honest. Except Papps, but he's one of those guys who has struggled the step up. He's too edgy.

Southee needs to be in the squad at least. He's our future.

Oh and big news. Would you believe this.

James Anderson has an ankle injury after playing football after the days play. How silly is that. Why were they playing football, that's just dumb if you ask me. At least that gives us a better chance. He was really the only destroyer.

A bit of both (batting and bowling). We had them at 138 for 5, and Ross Taylor did say at the end of Day 2 that it's a 250 pitch. We gifted them runs.

I hope we draw this test and the 3rd one too (will be a no result thanks to the flat deck), so we can say we won the series.

Anderson injury isn't unlike Vettori's one playing the same sport earlier in the 20 20s. What are they thinking?

What? I saw that reaction and on the back of India Aussie 'dissents' that was nothing!

Good on him for just taking it on the chin and getting on with it though.

I think thats over reacting..In live games on grounds you can't ask discipline like army!!!.Thats just more than strict referring rather I would also say absurd..Oram did not deserve that..

The majority of cricketers have a game of football after the day is finished. It is highly unlikely you are going to get injured. James Anderson was just unlucky. Ryan Sidebottom should have a large part in the second innings anyway.

Thats rubbish..Strauss is a good player..He has a potential...

But Strauss has been playing international cricket for a few years now - don't want him to have potential at this stage, he needs to be fulfulling it !

But Strauss has been playing international cricket for a few years now - don't want him to have potential at this stage, he needs to be fulfulling it !
Ok Agree then In How many matches he wasn't able to score???
Whole team have not bated well in first test..Strauss test average is not so bad..And Ya sir its about potential..If Vaughn has more confidence in Strauss then Why the hell Hes not letting him to open..Vaughn has played at number 3 in past..And I except that Vaughn is technically more capable to play at any number in comparison to Strauss..Logically it won't make any difference If Strauss bat at any number But when You have to do come back then Psychologically its make big difference..
Whole Team have not performed in first Match..nobody Except cook have done according to their names..then Why only Strauss is under Question??

Thats the last 10 Innings from Strauss and Vaughn(captain)....
Decide Who is not Fulfilling?/

Attachments

• eng.jpg
    eng.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 22
  • eng 2.jpg
    eng 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
Wow..Now People saying Strauss is not good enough to international level..then let me ask Who is from English team good enough to international level except KP???
What Vaughn did for England that Strauss didn't???
Thats rubbish..Strauss is a good player..He has a potential..Its just you don't show confidence in him..Hes playing first time one down..
Anyway England have nearly won this..Good thing is they have lots of time in their hand..

Vaughan has scored hundreds after his 'golden era'. Strauss has worked damn hard in these games and I praise him for that. He doesn't look like the old Strauss and that is the problem. He'll play in the next test and of course his slip catching is excellent. It's different from the Harmison situation, because Harmison is fighting is mind, anyone who saw his in depth interview with Nasser will see that.

Good day by England, nothing overly fancy. Colly was excellent. A huge lead. Maybe New Zealand's saviour is how bad Anderson is injured.

Yeah, we need Broad to step up really. I think Sidebottom will be there or thereabouts but it doesn't look like it will do much for Panesar, so perhaps Collingwood will have to get through a few overs again. Perhaps even the return of Ian Bell with the ball. ;)

Broad won't step up, he's not good enough for test matches whilst he has this running on the wicket problem. He needs to sort it out, if the umpires don't mention it to him then he might bowl well but chances are the NZ batsmen will work away at the umpires about it, not that you can blame them.

I love Cook, yes he's got flaws but he's 22, he's got another 10-15 years at the highest level if he stays fit. He's made 100 runs in the game so you can't blame him. All of the batsmen got starts but only Cook, Colly and Ambrose got past 50 so it's still not good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread