England in New Zealand

Well, we had a great day yesterday! Anderson was spot on, and Colly was good with bat and ball. Lets just hope we don't collapse again tonight (or today in NZ).

From a New Zealand perspective, we all hope England collapse, but our fast bowlers aren't McGrath, Indian or Pakistanis.

They are honest toilers and unless England's batsmen are rubbish like your Strauss, you should post a 400+ lead with 2 days to spare.

If Sidebottom reproduce half the form he showed in first test, combined with Jimmy it's enough to rip through the NZ side with a day to spare I reckon.

Andrew Strauss isn't rubbish.

I agree. I think NZ would put him in as opener for Bell in a blink of an eye.

Oram's lbw looked plum to me. Was it going over?

Hawk eye said it was clipping the top of the leg stump. I'm not saying it was a bad decision, just on another day Oram would have survived. We needed a bit of that with the position we were in.

Sinclair is getting on my nerves. He obviously edged the ball and just stood there and acted like he was surprised at the decision. What a fool. I think his day is done. Let him go play in the ICL. He's just one of those players who can't make the step up to international cricket.

As for Sinclair's replacement, Elliot deserves a shot at it and bring Greg Todd into the squad as cover. Greg Hay didn't play this week so he must be injured, else he'd be just edging him, he's an excellent young talent his averages and record thus far is quite brilliant. Todd has been in good form the past few seasons.

Bowling-wise, Southee just took 4 wickets. If they want to take him to England, I think he deserves a go over here first. He is such a talent, we need to start using him as much as possible. Future McGrath.

Last edited:
why did Monty only bowl 1 over?? did he get hurt or the wicket wasn't spin friendly.

The pitch is better for fast bowlers - Daniel Vettori only bowled 1 over in the first England innings.

The Cook has been shot. Cook is down!

Does McCullum always go with one hand?

;)

Cook really does have a problem with playing away from his body so I don't know why Martin is over the wicket again. You can see he's trying to get his pad closer though.

[Trumpets play] Ali C has hit his first six![/trumpets end]

;)

Cook really does have a problem with playing away from his body so I don't know why Martin is over the wicket again. You can see he's trying to get his pad closer though.

I know, it's amazing the amount of times he gets out that way. He must just have the natural instinct to fish away from his body. No doubt he works tirelessly on it though.

I agree. I think NZ would put him in as opener for Bell in a blink of an eye.

Hawk eye said it was clipping the top of the leg stump. I'm not saying it was a bad decision, just on another day Oram would have survived. We needed a bit of that with the position we were in.

Sinclair is getting on my nerves. He obviously edged the ball and just stood there and acted like he was surprised at the decision. What a fool. I think his day is done. Let him go play in the ICL. He's just one of those players who can't make the step up to international cricket.

As for Sinclair's replacement, Elliot deserves a shot at it and bring Greg Todd into the squad as cover. Greg Hay didn't play this week so he must be injured, else he'd be just edging him, he's an excellent young talent his averages and record thus far is quite brilliant. Todd has been in good form the past few seasons.

Bowling-wise, Southee just took 4 wickets. If they want to take him to England, I think he deserves a go over here first. He is such a talent, we need to start using him as much as possible. Future McGrath.

Can't agree more aside from Strauss. Take back rubbish. He's still in.

3rd Test is in Flat Deck Napier. Great way to introduce a young bowler. Who do you drop from the current lineup?

Mills
Martin
Gillespie

Users who are viewing this thread