England in New Zealand

Well there's a lot of technicalitys to do with nationality so I'm not getting into that :p

I'm not blaming Broad, just saying he wasn't going to make runs out there anyway or at least I don't think he would have done. Got to love bumbles commentary, this pitch has a lot of zang in it.

And it shows how badly we bowled on it. Anderson is bowling fantastic. Auckland can be to thank partly for that i'm sure. The workout he got playing for them would have done him the world of good.

I said to play Anderson pagggesss ago.

I reckon we're losing this game by miles. 1-1 I reckon.

England 342 all out, competitive, and New Zealand 11-2 in reply at lunch, Anderson getting both wickets! Seeing as Jimmy is very much a confidence bowler, I hope to see him kick on from here and really take a bucket load of wickets.

Ya Anderson looks like completely different bowler from ODIs..Actually Bringing the Anderson in already working for England..Hope Broad also deliver same..

I think England were 50-60 runs short in their total..

Nah. It's a bowlers pitch. Though the sun is out and it's looking better for batsman. But 342 in those conditions was a good score. Great start by Anderson. We need Fleming out though. Huge wicket.

Ya its look like Bowling pitch but 400 would have give task of 200 to par follow on..Anyway I am over ambitious with England now..But James bowling very nice..I don't think Panesar can turn the Bowl here..Fleming is wanted man for England..
Go on England..Need just more 2 wickets...

lol at the England fielding.

I hope these two make them pay. Fleming deserves one last ton this series if you ask me.

Ya NZ have brought back the game toward them..Taylor and Fleming have now control of the Game..
Just too much Sloppy from England..Broad bowled well,Couple of occasions he deserved wicket..And Oh My God Panesar..Fleming Should have gone that time..
Anyway Important last session for both of the teams..
NZ can reduce chance of any lead and England Desperate to get healthy lead if they want to 1-1..

Typical Fleming dismissal. Very rarely is he gotten out, it's most of the time a bad shot and he gets himself out. What a shame.

Ya that was across him and He was playing from crease but not to worry..Real good time for Taylor..Hes playing so easily there..Still 32 overs remaining so it'll be long session..Well bowled by Anderson..

Oram unlucky with that, but fair call. Most of the time it'd go to the batter though.

Now Taylor is out straight after, how often do we see that. One goes unluckily and then someone follows.

Last edited:
Common That was out..Ball was going on middle!!!
Do you get problem with Hight or line??IMO both were fine..Lol..
5 for Anderson..Suddenly two wickets in two overs and Now Game is getting more interesting..Thanks that Taylor has played fast runs so now I don't see any chance of Follow on but England try to get Healthy lead!!

Well I must say thats the healthy lead 144 runs..No chance England loose this from here..In fact they are in driving seat..Just 13 overs remains today..hope they won't losse any Wicket..Good batting by vettori at end.Made unbeaten 50..
Hats of to Anderson..He was brilliant today..3 is bonus for Colly..
I think England have done here..

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say a great thank you to Auckland for getting Anderson back in form (he played for Auckland as a bowler in the domestic 4 dayer).

He ripped through our batting lineup. Something he didn't do for the whole 2020, ODIs series. In fact he looked ordinary.

Sinclair is PATHETIC. But then again the rest of the batting aside from Fleming, Vettori and Taylor are not too good either.

Bell and Sinclair are on borrowed time. If those two don't score centuries in the 2nd innings, they are goooooooooone.

Bring in Elliot.

1. How
2. Bell (last chance)
3. Taylor
4. Fleming
5. Elliot (drop sinclair)
6. Oram
7. McCullum
8. Vettori
9. Mills
10. South-E (for Gillespie who's obviously not 100% fit)
11. Martin

Users who are viewing this thread