England in New Zealand

Oram of course is the exception. Even Vettori was bowling half trackers and wide short ones. Gillespie had a mixed day, typical for him really. Martin was disappointing, Mills was pretty average.

Hopefully we can deny Ambrose the hundred tomorrow morning.

Man thats awesome from Ambrose...Please someone transfer my Vcash to Ambrose...brilliant boy...I can see England winning.

Good batting by Ambrose. I got up this morning and saw four gentleman having tea on ground. Whats more funny is that they were surrounded by mountain of Dilmah. :rtfl

Man thats awesome from Ambrose...Please someone transfer my Vcash to Ambrose...brilliant boy...I can see England winning.

You don't have any Vcash.:p
And good batting from Tim Ambrose.I thought for a moment that the bloke was pretty nervous in the last over when the ball was going zip-zap-zoom.

Hey Icy dear Don't tell to income tax but I have my black Vcash in bank..lol..

Hopefully we can deny Ambrose the hundred tomorrow morning.

That's not nice is it. ;)

Apart from Collingwood and Ambrose, England were poor today. To sink from 79/0 to 155-5 on a pretty good pitch is quite an average performance. Ambrose played well today and hopefull he can reach his hundred, Great performance by him. With Broad to come, England have to get to 400 or 370 at the least, which will give the bowlers something to bowl at.

The time is up for Strauss now and time to bring in Owais Shah now. He just isn't the player he once was.

England was poor in one session, session 1 and 3 belonged to them.

Black Caps' bowling attack are pretty ill-disciplined to be honest. I don't know where that wonderful tight containment bowling has gone off to from the first test. This pitch would have offered so much more if they had bowled to the same form.

Gillespie is a waste of space. Apparently he did that dropsie because he can't sprint to it because of his hamstring. That's **** poor to tell the selector you're fit then if that IS the case. Poor form.

Mills must've got blinded by his IPL contract because his bowling is **** poor. To get 1 wicket on a seaming wicket and relied on our part time seamer to get 2 crucial wickets is **** poor.

England was poor in one session, session 1 and 3 belonged to them.

Black Caps' bowling attack are pretty ill-disciplined to be honest. I don't know where that wonderful tight containment bowling has gone off to from the first test. This pitch would have offered so much more if they had bowled to the same form.

Gillespie is a waste of space. Apparently he did that dropsie because he can't sprint to it because of his hamstring. That's **** poor to tell the selector you're fit then if that IS the case. Poor form.

Mills must've got blinded by his IPL contract because his bowling is **** poor. To get 1 wicket on a seaming wicket and relied on our part time seamer to get 2 crucial wickets is **** poor.

I'm sure all the "****" mean "very"? ;)

Well a pretty decent day on what sounds like a seaming wicket. Very happy for Ambrose, but he musn't get complacent otherwise he may go down the same route as Prior. 100 for him, perhaps one for Colly and a few runs from Broad should get us 400, anything more would be great.

Strauss out tbh, and KP needs a kick up the arse in some way.

What a comeback from England.

I have said since the start of the test series there is no way Strauss should be starting over Shah. And he has shown why again.

Ambrose is a blessing in Disguise, lets hope him and colly can keep it up and get us up to around 400.

No Chance You drop Strauss..He has not performing but Hes one ofaptin i the bet opener England have...He has highest average among current openers outside of England..Just give him more games He'll delivered..
Hes my Captain in FC..I love him..:p

The guy averages 3 wickets a test, i dont think we need someone to come in who will get a whole 3 wickets this test, fantastic isnt it? Hoggy is a solid performer who's average under moores will be higher than it should be because he was playing injured in the summer. Moores has set the team into a state of regression. Bring back the players that are past their best, lose team morale and inspire great bowling and batting performances. The only positive i can think of his performance as coach is Ryan Sidebottom. He's managed to ruin Ravi Bopara. He's let the pressure get to KP and managed to stop him playing his natural game.

Bring back Butcher, Thorpe, Caddick and even Alec Stewart into the team im starting to think of a situation where the poor man might actually do this. At the international level he is clueless.

Managed to ruin Ravi Bopara? Maybe Ravi isn't good enough. Coaches don't have that big an impact on a player. Ravi simply hasn't played well enough. And how has he let the pressure get to KP? KP is in exactly the same situation under Moores than he was under Fletcher.

Good finish for England. I'd say it was our day. Ambrose was brilliant, very fluent. Nothing from Strauss.

What do you expect from Strauss ? Everyone seems to expect him to have come in and made 2 hundreds by now, the conditions when he got out weren't good, Oram was bowling beautifully and there was movement, i'm pretty sure Shah would have gotten out in the same situation. If Strauss contiunes to fail for the rest of the series i can understand dropping him, but give him a chance ffs. England fans just seem to hope that players fail, 1 or 2 poor innings and he should be dropped, give the bloke a chance, he's a top quality batsman, and if given the chance will prove that. Shah deserves a place in the team i agree, but at least give Strauss a chance before writing him off.

Overall a good day for England I feel. We dominated 2 sessions of 3, had a big blip in the middle, but conditions were particularly brilliant, and Oram was bowling beautifully. Ambrose played marvelously, and with good help from Collingwood we have the potential to make a big total. Then with Broad in next theres batting to come, Sidey's no dab hand with the bat either. Things looking hopeful for England, just hope Ambrose makes a 100 now :D.

What do you expect from Strauss ? Everyone seems to expect him to have come in and made 2 hundreds by now, the conditions when he got out weren't good, Oram was bowling beautifully and there was movement, i'm pretty sure Shah would have gotten out in the same situation. If Strauss contiunes to fail for the rest of the series i can understand dropping him, but give him a chance ffs. England fans just seem to hope that players fail, 1 or 2 poor innings and he should be dropped, give the bloke a chance, he's a top quality batsman, and if given the chance will prove that. Shah deserves a place in the team i agree, but at least give Strauss a chance before writing him off.

Overall a good day for England I feel. We dominated 2 sessions of 3, had a big blip in the middle, but conditions were particularly brilliant, and Oram was bowling beautifully. Ambrose played marvelously, and with good help from Collingwood we have the potential to make a big total. Then with Broad in next theres batting to come, Sidey's no dab hand with the bat either. Things looking hopeful for England, just hope Ambrose makes a 100 now :D.

I understand what you are saying, but Strauss shouldnt be expected to make 2 hundreds, But atleast he should make a respectable score....

Users who are viewing this thread