England in New Zealand

Sinclair has had his chances, I totally agree. His time is up.

Finally Chris Martin is going over the wicket. FINALLY!!! lol.

We need to bowl England out for 150 odd, 200 max i'd say. Otherwise we lose. I think it's basically game over now to be honest.

Jimmy was class, just frustrates you that he can't do it consistently. Broad was rubbish from what I saw, tried to bowl too fast (and he was pretty fast :p) and after they made out that he was running on the wicket he didn't bowl as well, needs to sort it out.

The one and only Jimmy Anderson!!!

Good to see a great Lancashire player getting a 5fa against New Zealand when all the pressure was on the bowlers!!

Well done to Ambrose on getting his 100, and Also collingwood getting his 50. However big of a shame we didn't make 400. However, to bowl NZ out for 198 is fantastic!

Lets hope our batsmen can carry on!

ONE JIMMY ANDERSON!

Oram unlucky with that, but fair call. Most of the time it'd go to the batter though.

Now Taylor is out straight after, how often do we see that. One goes unluckily and then someone follows.

Oram's lbw looked plum to me. Was it going over?

---

Great day for England. Anderson was brilliant and Colly was effective in dismissing the tail enders.

Vettori impresses me even more, fantastic player and a big part of NZ cricket.

Plans for tomorrow:

250 would be great. The lead is 148 and we might be able to get away with a collapse that only gives us a lead of 300. Big day.

Wow we've dropped one of our most consistant bowlers we've had for a long time to accomodate one of the worst players to every put on the english whites. Since Moores has come in he's certainly changed the side.

The dropping of hoggard leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, im starting to get a feeling of enjoyment watching the reigime fail much as i did when steve mclaren was incharge of the football side. Come on England...

Ready to take them words back yet ? :p. Jimmy was fantastic, thats up there with his performance against India in the summer. I think the drop from the team for a few games has given him more desire, and he looks to be getting back on form, he certainly bowled well throughout the day. I'd love to see him stamp some authority in the team and secure himself a place in the side, he's extremely dangerous when on form, and in my eyes was England's player of the summer last summer, especially in the India series.

Broad was dissapointing, needs to get the no balls and running on the pitch sorted out as soon as possible. Theres no doubting his ability though, he's probably the best raw talent in England atm, just needs to get his feet settled at test level. I think an attack of Sidebottom, Anderson, Broad, Panesar and Flintoff is extremely useful and could possibly match the attack of the 2005 ashes series if they all hit form at the right time. We just need for Monty to regain his confidence and for Flintoff to get fit then we have a mean bowling attack. Just the batting that needs sorting out, if Strauss fails for the rest of the series, bring Shah in.

Well I agree about Sinclair..He looks so odd on the Pitch..May be its time to say good bye to him..Game is out of control for Kiwiz..Its now depend on England How will they bat tomorrow???I don't think England can lose it from Here!!
Two days and twenty Wickets..Well Pitch is still risky to bat...Anything over 320 will be Unchaseable in my Opinion.

New Zealand 11-2 in reply at lunch, Anderson getting both wickets! Seeing as Jimmy is very much a confidence bowler, I hope to see him kick on from here and really take a bucket load of wickets.

:D Brilliant bowling from him, but we all know he has the potential, but can he consistently perform, especially on pitches that don't suit him? Also Colly has been much better with the ball this series, and though I would rather Strauss was not in team, he does add a bit more to the slip cordon.

I really cannot see us not winning this match, would have to be a massive collapse from us or a massive run chase from New Zealand.

I was thinking that about him doing well on bowler friendly wickets and struglling on flat ones. He's only 25 though so he's got time to learn and improve if he does.

I'd drop broad, not half the bowler when he's got the running on the wicket on his mind, sort his action out although I can't understand how he doesn't get called in any ODI's. Surely the rules still in place, you can't run on the wicket?

I'd drop broad, not half the bowler when he's got the running on the wicket on his mind, sort his action out although I can't understand how he doesn't get called in any ODI's. Surely the rules still in place, you can't run on the wicket?

I haven't seen much of him in in his two tests so far, but when I've seen him in ODI's he appears to bowl from pretty wide on the crease. Maybe he gets in closer in the longer form of the game?

I think so but he seemed to just end up dragging it out wide in this game and it looked like it was playing on his mind (from the first sort of 10 overs of him I saw). He definitely gets closer in because he has about 3 really good looking overs, the umpire tells him off and he bowls everything else short and wide :p

Ready to take them words back yet ? :p. Jimmy was fantastic, thats up there with his performance against India in the summer. I think the drop from the team for a few games has given him more desire, and he looks to be getting back on form, he certainly bowled well throughout the day. I'd love to see him stamp some authority in the team and secure himself a place in the side, he's extremely dangerous when on form, and in my eyes was England's player of the summer last summer, especially in the India series.

Broad was dissapointing, needs to get the no balls and running on the pitch sorted out as soon as possible. Theres no doubting his ability though, he's probably the best raw talent in England atm, just needs to get his feet settled at test level. I think an attack of Sidebottom, Anderson, Broad, Panesar and Flintoff is extremely useful and could possibly match the attack of the 2005 ashes series if they all hit form at the right time. We just need for Monty to regain his confidence and for Flintoff to get fit then we have a mean bowling attack. Just the batting that needs sorting out, if Strauss fails for the rest of the series, bring Shah in.

Im not willing to retract it, 1 innings on a seamers pitch doesnt make a player good, id be more worried about the 20 previous matches in which he averaged a pathetic 3 wickets a match. Its left me feeling a sense of dread knowing that he's now likely to get selected for the next 2 years on the back of 1 good innings. Lets hope Moores proves he has a brain and as soon as he slips he pulls the matt from under his feet.

As for Strauss, what a load of crap. Get rid of him on his day he is one of the best openers in the world. However his day was yesterday, move on.

Hardly one of the worst player ever to put on the whites though is he? He's either magic or absolute garbage frustratingly though.

Users who are viewing this thread