England in New Zealand

Brilliant win for England.

I have sky+ed the game with being in college, and i have heard Dimmi played brilliant including 4 sixes in a row and 2 wickets, MOM i think.

Nice work from England. I think Pietersen is going to enjoy this tour of New Zealand. He looks such a btter player on these kind of pitches.

I think thats what made the difference in the end...

I agree. Patel got thrashed. He's been one of the better bowlers in the domestic competition so it was a bit of a surprise he kept dishing the ball up right where Masca wanted it.

God I hope we have Vettori back for the ODI's. Otherwise I think in future we'll have to keep the spinners away from Masca lol.

Was an alright game, a closer finish would have been a bit better. Looking forward to CHCH.

I hope you have Vetorri back as well. I've waited ages for us to tour New Zealand so that I could watch him play, and then he goes and gets injured!

Traitor!

We did well, got a good score with KP and Dimi doing well. Disappointed Wright couldn't do more, but then he'll be like that. We bowled well too, Dimi, Sidebottom and Anderson all did well.

Sidebottom bowled really well. Infact, 2 early wickets (and low economy) to key players really he took the game away.

That must be the best crowd at a cricket game in this country for some time.

I just don't understand the team selection. How, Fulton, Ryder and Styris are all out of position. I know they want to get some form into them for the ODI series, but I just don't think the game suits Fulton. How opens for his domestic team and does a good job. Ryder bats at 4 and does a good job. So why do they change like that?

We got thrashed there. Oram was the only Batsman to show up unfortunately. Ryder was alright. Still got some major problems in the middle order.

England played better. That total should have been gettable. Oh well, things can turn around from here at least.

Yeah, what is it about international arena that Ross Taylor doesn't get. He was in smashing form in domestic 20 20. But straight into the international arena, guess what? LBW. I'll love to dig up a stat on him on how he gets out most often, bet it'll be 98% LBW.

Wright's scores when coming down the order (ODI): 50
Wright's scores when opening (ODI): 0

Wright's scores when coming down the order (T20): 24, 16
Wright's scores when opening or no.3 (T20): 0, 3, 0, 1

Anyone getting the picture? Do you think the management will? Will Ryan Sidebottom see sense and trim his hair? All will be revealed.

Sidebottom was quality, looks like him and Hoggy will be our big threats. Didn't see much of Broad and only saw Andersons first few ovrs, and from what I saw, whilst he didn't do too badly he still doesn't look like a twenty20 bowler imo. Batting all looked fun but it's twenty20 so shouldn't really pick someone on the basis of their twenty20 performances.

Why was Oram in at 7?

Yeah that baffles me as well. If Oram had come up the order to a suitable position, New Zealand may of had a chance. I'm also surprised they gave Ryder one over since he bowled well to get rid of Shah and went for only two runs in the over.

Everyone did well today. KP is back in form and runs for Shah and Masca did a great job with bat and ball. Mustard gave himself away hitting to the legside with two men on the boundary. Luke Wright will have another chance on Thursday to score but he did get out to a good ball from Martin. The bowlers were dependable again with Sidebottom and Dimi standing out and Broad bowled better than he did in the warm up games. Swann might have a role to play later on in the ODI's but his runs were good ones.

Martin proved today that he's a dangerous bowler for New Zealand in all forms off the game and I feel that he could be a main threat to England's chances.

You just feel that when Vettori comes back as a bowler and a captain, New Zealand will be a more daunting prospect.

Good win for England today. Nice to see KP in form on these pitches that should suit him with a bit of bounce. Also good to see pretty much all of the batsman chipping in with some runs, bar Wright who again has done nothing with the bat in a twenty20 match. I think maybe he should be kept for lower down the order in a 50 over match and not used as a main batsman.

All the bowlers also in form picking up at least 1 wicket, bar Wright again. Sidebottom will enjoy this tour I think. Especially in the tests where he will be able to consistently swing the ball and cause the batsman trouble. England look a good outfit at the moment.

Also that Jesse Ryder looks a pretty good batsman. Could be a big hit in the limited over format.

Users who are viewing this thread