England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tough tour, Kaneria is good but been poor on occasions this year for Essex. Like bowling about 100 overs without taking a wicket or something like that :D

Only 7 weeks. This super series better not affect Freddie and Harmy.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
In Tests England are definitely the favourites, in ODIs though I would alter my statement a little and say that Pakistan may start as favourites. In Tests, the Pakistanis produce a good performance in two-three sessions and then blow it away. In Akhtar we've got a match-winner, but we've also got a loser in him, who only plays for himself and walks off whenever the team needs him. My main worry about Akhtar is whether he is fit enough to stay on the field, and bowl a maximum of 10-15 overs per spell. If he can do that, he can become the destructive force again. IMO he, Kaneria, Inzamam and Yoyo hold the key to defeating England in tests.

Indiangod

International Coach
Mahesh Babu said:
England will crush the pakistanis into pieces this time.Pieterson are you listening?

Doubt it, Pakistan getting stronger by the day and england's on top form at the moment, beating pakistan in pakistan will be tough. My moneys on pakistan 2-1.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan has a lot of good players. I would be surprised if they lose the ODI series. England really has struggled over the past two years in this part of the game. That's why it's a long time ago they won an ODI series.

Rana has really excelled during county cricket and Akhtar showed his form in the Afro-Asia Cup. For me these two will be the top wicket takers. But the worry is that there are a lot of bowlers coming back from injury. We have to see how they will play against Australia A.

I hope from England's side Collingwood comes too. He is a great cricketer and for me he deserves a place in the Test squad. He would be a good replacement for Bell. But on the other hand Bell being in Test Squad is good for Pakistan. :)

Briggsey

International Coach
The only real weakness Pakistan have got is with their openers. Everytime I see Pakistan they have different opening combinations and cant seem to settle on one. Salman Butt looks a good young player as an opener but how can he blossom into a great player if he doesnt know weather he's going to be playing or not? I also feel Kaneria will be a big threat to England seeing how we have struggled to handle Warne in English conditions, Kaneria in spinning conditions of the sub continent will be a real handful and will test us to the max especially with Harbhajan and Kumble to come soon after this series. I can see it ending 1-1 and the ODI's will be a lot closer than many people are making out to be especially if Freddie and Pietersen fire on all cylinders.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Afridi should keep opening. Harmison gives him length and Hoggard has no pace. :) It will be like a birthday gift to him:)

JamesyJames3

International Coach
England either 2-0 or 2-1, England have come on leaps and bounds since we last toured pakistan, and we won then! pakistan havent come on like england, this should be a tough, but well earned series victory for england.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well the good news for Pakistan now is that Sami has also fired up. He took 7 wickets against Australia A. Pakistan bowling attack is really shaping up.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
pieterson will destroy sami, like he did lee if he gets going. Then Sami's confidence will be down again! :)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Don't be sure of that. Pietersen has yet to face the quality of Pakistani bowling attack. I think he never faced them yet.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
ZexyZahid said:
Don't be sure of that. Pietersen has yet to face the quality of Pakistani bowling attack. I think he never faced them yet.

What quality? :p I cant see any of your bowlers being better than what we have jjust faced in australia? :p

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah. Akhtar, Rana and Kaneria has been destroying a lot of wickets there against the English players in County Cricket. I hope the County players will give some information to the senior England players how to handle them, otherwhile I will feel bad for them to see the look in the faces when their stumps will be flying high.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
ZexyZahid said:
Yeah. Akhtar, Rana and Kaneria has been destroying a lot of wickets there against the English players in County Cricket. I hope the County players will give some information to the senior England players how to handle them, otherwhile I will feel bad for them to see the look in the faces when their stumps will be flying high.

Akhtar is inconsistant, rana is accurate but no mcgrath, and kaneria, yes hes good, but not as good as a certain leggy we have just faced! :p

I think England will deal with them all pretty well, especially akhtar, i cant see him doing anything. yes hes got county wickets, but thats not that big an achievement.

Briggsey

International Coach
ZoraxDoom said:
Afridi should keep opening. Harmison gives him length and Hoggard has no pace. :) It will be like a birthday gift to him:)
I only thought Afridi opened in the ODI games and not in tests? When I saw him against Australia he was coming in at number 7 which is still pretty good to have someone like him to come in that low and smash a few but hopefully we can keep him quiet if not then we could be in trouble!

ZexyZahid said:
Kaneria has not been 'destroying a lot of wickets' more recently he's been bowling around 45+ overs and not picking up any wickets at all. Yorkshire recently hammered Shoaib around in the CC match and Rana, well he has probably been the best of the three in his short spell at Sussex but still like Jamesy said he's no McGrath.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I guess you didn't see him play in the Afro-Asia Cup. Pakistan, Indian, Sri Lankan or South African people who followed this know how good he was with the ball.

Also knocked out some batsmen with bouncers and beamers. It's good that nothing seriously happened to them. Kirsten once seriously got hurt by him. But I won't hope for English players he will give that much of balls. Feel sorry for them when they will be laying on the ground screaming for pain. If you don't know how it is you should search on the web for that.

And don't understand why people are making Kaneria the top danger of Pakistan or so. There are enough other players to worry about who have a bigger impact then him.

Users who are viewing this thread