wooohoooo

afridi has been recalled

looks like i will watch a match of this tour after all

missed the last 3 sometimes and watched 2nd innigns in last match

hope he opens

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
gambino doubt hes gona open Farhat and Hafeez have done good, id expect Malik to slide into the #4 spot, and afridi at #6 or 7. good thing that hes back tho he needed this before the selection for the SAF tour.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Can't see him opening as Pakistan are definitely trying to settle with their current pair. Afridi will be in the lower order where he can go crazy with only a few overs to go.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Afridi hit a century and a fifty in the same match before he was called again. Also with the ball he has taken a lot of wickets for an average of less then 10. If he can't do it with the bat, he surely can with the ball. I've got a good feeling he will play.

If I would be a West Indian bowler, I wouldn't be happy to hear the news of Afridi being included in the squad. :help

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yousuf supposedly isn't playing either. I think the worst thing Pakistan can do right now is break up the opening partnership between Hafeez and Farhat. They seem to be doing well enough and are probably the best partnership we've had in a long time. So why break it up for Afridi. We have a bat habit of trying Afridi at different positions trying to get the best out of him, but lets not hurt in form batsmen in doing so.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I reckon they should not even worry with Afridi...I know its a tough call but Pakistan will want stability in there middle order and bringing in Afridi will just reck havoc! He is good to watch but if he does what he normaly does and gets out cheaply trying to slog then it's just pointless haviing him play.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
nightprowler10 said:
Yousuf supposedly isn't playing either. I think the worst thing Pakistan can do right now is break up the opening partnership between Hafeez and Farhat. They seem to be doing well enough and are probably the best partnership we've had in a long time. So why break it up for Afridi. We have a bat habit of trying Afridi at different positions trying to get the best out of him, but lets not hurt in form batsmen in doing so.

Exactly right, why chop your inform batsmen for a hit and miss guy like Afridi. The openers don't deserve to be dropped with their current performances. Leave Afridi down the order to come in and hit some runs which he did so well in the VB series a few years back.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Afridi opens the batting, and shows that he is still in the same fine form that he has been in for the last year :p

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
yea pak did everything we said they wouldnt, horrible by afridi and bad decision by pak to split up the openers. suprised to see hameed in there.

Users who are viewing this thread