West Indies tour of Pakistan

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
puddleduck said:
They didn't need to give Windies a chance, so I don't think they've declared too late at all. They will have 8 wickets to take with a whole days play left.
I feel it'd be a bit easier to get them out if they were under the illusion that they could actually chase the target down. Now they'll be on the defensive. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get them tomorrow.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
nightprowler10 said:
I feel it'd be a bit easier to get them out if they were under the illusion that they could actually chase the target down. Now they'll be on the defensive. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get them tomorrow.

Yes, but it's a 3 test series in which they are one-nil up. I think the last thing you wanted to do was actually give them a chance at levelling the series. Also I would suggest that it could feasibly be harder to bat knowing that the only thing they have to bat for is losing 1-0 instead of 2-0, not necessarily the best of motivation.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
it would be harder for windies knowing they have to save a match rather than win it

pakistan gets put under pressure very easily and can go into panic mode so inzi had to amek sure there was no chance of windies winning this match at all

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
i advise you all to see the yorker by umar gul to sarwan today

absoloutely unplayable

1st innings he bowlked him but 20 minutes ago he broke sarwans toe like waqar used to do

we have another waqar here boys

Bilal91

International Coach
NICE...HI 5...lol...that wrapped the seried up nicely ready for the one-day series...Yeah those yorkers of Gul are unplayable...i saw the first one and the second one which broke Sarwans Toe and put him out of one-day series as well...too bad...i would have wanted them at full strength but he's not their most valuable player and pakistan isn't at full strength either...just think what they would have done if they WERE at full strength...

LOL...how much money did Yousuf get...OMG...truly deserved though...got a car as well for Man of Series...lol..NICE...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good win for Pakistan just wasn't enough resistance from the Windies batters. Lara really had to go on which was a surprise that he didn't after getting a start.

BoomBoom

School Cricketer
the car was worth 0.9 million.. i.e. abut 1 million rupees..

and 6.6 millions equals abt 70000 pounds..

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Over to the ODIs, both squads named. No Afridi although he has been out of form lately, good to see Kaneria given a go in the ODI arena again.

Pakistan
Squad: Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf, Kamran Akmal, Abdul Razzaq, Rao Iftikhar, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Rehman.

WI
Brian Lara (captain), Ramnaresh Sarwan (vice-captain), Chris Gayle, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Runako Morton, Marlon Samuels, Dwane Bravo, Dwayne Smith, Lendl Simmons, Denesh Ramdin (wicketkeeper), Ian Bradshaw, Dave Mohammed, Daren Powell and Jerome Taylor
Both from cricinfo.com

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I thought that they said Sarwan would be ruled out of the first match because of a broken foot? Or was it chandrapaul, i forget, but they're both playing??

Users who are viewing this thread