Pakistan in Bangladesh Nov-Dec 2011/2012

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well that is how our batting is!! they shift their gears according to their opposition.

well i think the problem is that batsman are improving their bowling instead of batting.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
7-4-6-2,!!!!!:lol:lol.Ajmal's figures were like a number on a car number plate.
Bangladesh clean swept 3-0 as I and many others had predicted earlier.
Tamim Iqbal with 4 runs in 3 innings(0,4 and 0) averages just 1.33 worse than some of the skill-less tailenders also.:D

----------

to be honest Pakistan still sucks, they can't even bat against Bangladesh bowling lol, and Mesbah shouldn't be in the team and he is the Captain lol...what a joke.

I don't think that guy may continue for longer though.Captaining Pakistan in all forms at the age of 37,poor chap's under a lot of pressure but still batting well though.

Addy

National Board President
Even though he's 37, he's fit enough to be in the playing XI, can continue till WC 2015. The guy gives his 100% on the field.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Can't complain about the results, even though it's been against weak opposition.

Misbah deserves the captaincy because results are good and his form is good, and if you didn't know his age you'd just accept he is a reliable batsman and a very good fielder in a weak fielding side.

Yeah he bats slowly sometimes, but it wasn't so long ago people were bemoaning the way they'd suicidally collapse chasing 120.
Stability is good, and this is why the results have improved, so stop complaining.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pakistan have a lot of thinking to do viz-a-viz the batting. Our batting has consistently failed to amass good scores. That is unacceptable even though the pitches have been bowler friendly. Hafeez in particular needs to understand the importance of his wicket. He just cant keep gifting it like he has done so far. Misbah has induced a lot of defense into the mindset of his batting line up. He has to understand that Pakistani batsmen are naturally aggressive and tend to do better when they are allowed to play their natural game.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
misbah's extra pressure on the likes of umar,afridi and others.we can control this over defensive run rate in the middle overs by sending umar b/w younis and misbah

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan have a lot of thinking to do viz-a-viz the batting. Our batting has consistently failed to amass good scores. That is unacceptable even though the pitches have been bowler friendly. Hafeez in particular needs to understand the importance of his wicket. He just cant keep gifting it like he has done so far. Misbah has induced a lot of defense into the mindset of his batting line up. He has to understand that Pakistani batsmen are naturally aggressive and tend to do better when they are allowed to play their natural game.

Misbah is a cautious captain, and I dont blame him for the tactics. We are known to collapse quite often, and I actually sport his strategy.

Really like this article, you guys should take a look at it:

The ?tuk tuk? king | Blog | DAWN.COM

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
good article but i still think that misbah should reconsider his odi batting strategy.you just cant go there and block everything

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Well he doesnt, he picks up the pace when its required. The thing is, he did it with such brilliance at the inaugural T20 world cup that we expect something like that all the time. Its just that the way he plays, if he bats through he more often than not wins you games, if he doesnt hes the culprit.

I dont mind what strategy he goes with, as long as it gets us wins, which it is.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
but i don't need a kind of batsman in middle order who doesn't know how to rotate the strike ok he launches attack at the end but he's the one who converts the req rr 5 into 9,10 first

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Bangladesh should be immediately removed from Test Status. Like come on, you are playing on your home ground, you have such a nice domestic setup, the crowd is always been supportive and behind you what else you need? And ya ofcourse you have experience of playing cricket :rolleyes

72 Matches they have played so far in a span of 11 years. They have won only 1 home match out of 36. OK no problem, they should be able to draw enough test matches right? NO!!They have drawn only 5 out of 36 which means they have freaking lost 30 home matches.:facepalm

Other 36 away matches they have a better record of winning 3 matches :rolleyes:lol
They have drawn 7 matches and lost 26 matches. Oh come on we dont need a 3 year rule in inter continental to replace Bangladesh.

Just give Ireland a chance and put them in place of Bangladesh. 135 runs ? Are you kidding me?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
what is worrying is that signs of improvement don't seem to matter. they were looking a bit more together in the last year, beginning to win ODI matches, if not series, a bit more regularly, managing to produce test standard sessions if not whole matches.

but then they slump again, players just don't seem to be developing at all. shafiul looked great 18 months ago, and now he's dropped and shahdat's back in. why did raqibul, one of their tidiest batsman, all of a sudden turn to nonsense?

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
ah i am afraid Bangladesh's test status is in danger after these performances they seem to going nowhere.Just a failed team with no mission

Users who are viewing this thread