New Zealand in Bangladesh, October 2010/11

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Of course Taylor, Ryder and McCullum should take the blame.

If NZ have any right to consider themselves better than BNG right now, it's because they have supposedly good players like these in their team.

If they aren'y going to perform like a good player should then you can hardly say NZ are bangladesh's superior because they've got guys like Redmond and Stewart playing for them. Neither of those two would be shoe ins for bangladesh side.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Heard on the radio apparently Vettori will step down as captain if ''thats whats best for the team''. I dont really think it is you can't just give that load to Taylor. And you cannot seriously give it to that prick McCullum.

The most annoying part for me is that the performances were spineless and have been for a while now. Half of them look like they don't even want to be there. Anyone see Greatbatch having a good old chuckle when about 4 was needed off 3 balls. I would have normally expected the coach to be quite tense in a moment like that. There really isn't any point discussing changes because none of them will make any difference. There just simply isn't any one else and we have heard about How and Franklin etc. over and over again we have seen them do useless before and they'll do it again. As for Guptill does anyone know why he wasn't playing? It's cause he was so bad they had to get rid of him. His form the last year has been atrocious.

One change I would make though is bring in Peter Ingram :yes:yes

ferg512 added 8 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Why doesn't Mills play Tests any more btw?

Don't get me wrong he is one of our best players, but have you seen him? He's so tired he's panting after bowling one ball. At the moment he can barely bowl 10 overs in a ODI let alone a test.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Why doesn't Mills play Tests any more btw?

He does as far as I know, he was just injured all last summer, and we haven't played any overseas test cricket over our winter.

I assume he'll be back in the set-up for the Indian tests.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Heard on the radio apparently Vettori will step down as captain if ''thats whats best for the team''. I dont really think it is you can't just give that load to Taylor. And you cannot seriously give it to that prick McCullum.

The most annoying part for me is that the performances were spineless and have been for a while now. Half of them look like they don't even want to be there. Anyone see Greatbatch having a good old chuckle when about 4 was needed off 3 balls. I would have normally expected the coach to be quite tense in a moment like that. There really isn't any point discussing changes because none of them will make any difference. There just simply isn't any one else and we have heard about How and Franklin etc. over and over again we have seen them do useless before and they'll do it again. As for Guptill does anyone know why he wasn't playing? It's cause he was so bad they had to get rid of him. His form the last year has been atrocious.

One change I would make though is bring in Peter Ingram :yes:yes

ferg512 added 8 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Don't get me wrong he is one of our best players, but have you seen him? He's so tired he's panting after bowling one ball. At the moment he can barely bowl 10 overs in a ODI let alone a test.

He's just as rubbish.

cricketmad09

International Coach
It also depends upon the number of matches played to earn those points. West Indies have played only 18 games whereas Bangladesh have played 28 games.

Wrong. The ranking is an average. Doesn't matter whether you've played 10 or 57.

just_cricket

Club Captain
Jamie How deserves another chance - much better cricketing minds than me have seen him bat in the past few months and have said the same. He has scored centuries for New Zealand against very decent opposition and was as good as anyone at the Champions League. For me, if he could become a regular member of the side he would have the makings of a good test captain for New Zealand in a few years time.

People say he's shown he can't cut it at international level but this is not totally true. Individual bits of brilliance stand out for me - an assured 90 early on in his career against a South African attack boasting Steyn, Ntini, Morkel.
Then 130 odd against England in and ODI which should have won us a match chasing 340 against England. Also 170 against a strong New South Wales side for NZ when no one else passed 50 from memory.

He had a tough time against England in New Zealand but he was facing Sidebottom in the season of his life, Anderson hooping the ball all over the place both ways, and Stuart Broad finally starting to show what he was capable of.

We need to persevere with him through his failures because there is simply no one better in New Zealand to open the batting in tests. I don't much like Tim McIntosh's batting at all but he has got a few runs to his name, so it would be unfair to drop him. Although BJ Watling looked a far better prospect in the tests against Australia to me.

What do you guys reckon?

ferg512

International Coach
Even though I really dislike McIntosh it is good that they have stuck by him although if they were going to stick by an opener you would've thought How as a much better option. All i was saying before was that sure put How in there but don't expect him to get that many runs. I don't know about Watling he really shouldn't have played at all in Ban if he wasn't going to open. I suppose it's out of him and McIntosh for the other opener. I wouldn't have McCullum in there tbh. He will just try and do a Sehwag and fail every time.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
What next for the Kiwis ? Defeat in India would effectively destroy them and their chances of performing well in the World Cup.

Wrong. The ranking is an average. Doesn't matter whether you've played 10 or 57.

I used to think it is a weighted average. Any explanations of the system employed by the ICC.
Perhaps a link to this would immensely help everyone concerned.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Some strong words from the New Zealand coach. The poor thing is that the New Zealand isn't expecting a win from his players against India. That means they're going to India just to try to draw the Test matches.

Blunt Greatbatch blasts New Zealand
ESPNcricinfo staff
October 28, 2010

New Zealand's coach Mark Greatbatch has delivered a candid verdict on the efforts of his players in Bangladesh, declaring that they "played like dicks". Greatbatch was also scathing of the top order, suggesting that some of the batsmen simply weren't good enough, and that it was "inexcusable" to lose 4-0 to Bangladesh.

Following the Ahmedabad Test, New Zealand travel to Hyderabad and Nagpur, and Greatbatch said given India's strong record at home two draws from the series would be a good result.

New Zealand news: Blunt coach Mark Greatbatch blasts New Zealand for Bangladesh loss | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Users who are viewing this thread