England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
Congratulations Pak, great victory. Kaneria proved the difference in the end with the English spinners unable to make use of the pitch.
What a spell by Shoaib Akhtar he looks well and truely back. And there is still room for improvement for Pak.
Wait, wait, wait... England have spinners now?

:p

My predictions were absolutely spot on ! DAnish and Shoaib were the chief destroyers !
Hip Hip Hurray !
Great win !

in the ashes in the 4th test if england where set an extra 30-40 runs to chase by australia.....

it makes you think

jazz said:
in the ashes in the 4th test if england where set an extra 30-40 runs to chase by australia.....

it makes you think

We know our batters sucked!
Looks like England have the same problem we do :D They can't chase small totals!

Small margins. Incidentally the exact number of runs Butt made after being given not out erroneously by the third umpire...

barmyarmy said:
Small margins. Incidentally the exact number of runs Butt made after being given not out erroneously by the third umpire...
If ifs and buts were pots and pans than there would be no tinkers.:p

barmyarmy said:

I know the feeling. However I think you need to blame your batsmen for their crap effort!

barmyarmy said:
Butt made 20 runs after that decision, so you still would've lost.

I just realized something. This is Pakistan's first Test win against England at home in 18 years!!! The last one being the test where Qadir was unleashed on England and took 13 wickets.

nightprowler10 said:
Butt made 20 runs after that decision, so you still would've lost.

I just realized something. This is Pakistan's first Test win against England at home in 18 years!!! The last one being the test where Qadir was unleashed on England and took 13 wickets.

Really, I would have thought Pak at home would have had a good record against the woeful English sides of the past. That is quite a surpising stat. But as the trend of the year, hoodoo are being broken in their masses.

Wow! :clap :cool: :happy :)

amazing stuff by Pakistanis. Too bad i missed all the action as i was at college :( . My men Akhtar & Kaneria finally did it! :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

For the next test i want Rana Naved in place of Sami.

Good effort by Pakistan securing a victory after playing so poorly in the first innings. Possibly would have been a more comfortable victory had Trescothick been given out LBW by Billy when he was trapped in front, cost the Paki's about 100 runs from memory. Paki's should be very happy to secure a win like this, if they can tighten up their batting perhaps they will improve upon their #7 ranking in the not too distant future.

aussie1st said:
Really, I would have thought Pak at home would have had a good record against the woeful English sides of the past. That is quite a surpising stat. But as the trend of the year, hoodoo are being broken in their masses.
Actually most tests played between Pakistan and England in Pakistan end up in a draw. Before the start of this series, the record between the two nations in Pakistan was 2-2-17! The England win in 2000 was their first since 1961!

before everyone gets too excited ...

didn't England loose the 1st Test in the ashes?

Well played Pakistan! You are probley ranked 3rd of 4th in Tests now!

Users who are viewing this thread