England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
There is that 15 degree flexibility rule so that would come under that. Anyway its not for us to decide who is chucking and who isn't, its for the ICC to do that.

ahm can u please show and updated version thx....

well the stupid umpire rauf would agree wouldnt he because he doesnt have nay power.If they do chuck y do the icc clear them for 1 match then umpires report them again. I mean wats the point of clearing them then

hassan1823 said:
ahm can u please show and updated version thx....

well the stupid umpire rauf would agree wouldnt he because he doesnt have nay power.If they do chuck y do the icc clear them for 1 match then umpires report them again. I mean wats the point of clearing them then

What the hell does having no power have to do with anything? The umpires were initially satisfied with the pair of them while bowling in the nets and for the first couple of days in the test. It wasn't until the 3rd day, where particularly Shabbir's action started to become suspect.

I don't know, SHabbir has been tested and has been practising in the nets and has been playing all the practise matches and he wasn't reported... So why now?

Pak_cricketer said:
I don't know, SHabbir has been tested and has been practising in the nets and has been playing all the practise matches and he wasn't reported... So why now?

His action began sloppy perhaps? Bowlers don't always bowl the same like if a bowler gets tired his action will change.

But he just started this action, its his first series with that action... That really shouldn't be happening.

btw, Is Kaneria in form or what!!!

Kaneria's five wickets in the match took his career haul to 137, with 75 in his last 15 matches, and not a minnow in sight. In the last year, in particular, Kaneria has played a decisive part in a number of Pakistan victories, but he said his haul of 4 for 62 wasn't his best performance. "I think against India in Bangalore in the first innings, I would rank as my best. I bowled well against Sri Lanka and Australia as well, but yeah this is special."

Pak_cricketer said:

Different umpires and maybe better/more knowledgeable umpires.

everyone gets something wrong now just cause it was bad for england you are complaining if it was good for England you would shut your mouth..

Wouldnt be too much of a loss if we got Rana in for Shabbir. Being reported three times is a bit too much so I think PCB need to really think about Shabbir in the long term. And I would axe Shoaib Malik anyways for Afridi, so no loss there.

I really don't understand Pakistan fans. Shabbir is, statistically speaking, Pakistan's best seam bowler by a clear margin. He has averaged 5.1 wickets per match at an average of 23 and SR of 50.5. Shoaib's SR is better but his average is worse and so his economy rate.

Rana Naved is an absolute joke by comparison with an average of 77 and a SR of 115. He averages 1.6 wickets per match and probably wouldn't even get a game for Bangladesh.

Rana is good in the ODIs, haven't seen much of him in test. But losing Shabbir is a big deal. This guy is one good bowler and his stats back this up. He did well in the 1st test against the English as well.

Desperate times for the English
INJURED England skipper Michael Vaughan is hopeful of playing in Sunday's second Test with Pakistan.

The Yorkshireman said overnight he is ready to risk his damaged knee if it could level the series.

Vaughan, 31, had to watch from the sidelines as his team lost the first Test by 22 runs on the fifth and final day on Wednesday after dominating in the first four days.

"The rehabilitation process has gone well and it would be a risk worth taking," said Vaughan.

"We are 1-0 down so it's a risk worth taking ... had the series been nil-nil, I would not have taken this risk," he said.

"I recovered after missing the first Test (against New Zealand) last year as well and I am very hopeful that I'll play in the second Test. From tomorrow I will start training with the team."

The skipper said his team can make a comeback in the three-match series.

"We came back after losing the first Test in the Ashes as well and the fact that we dominated the first four days in the Multan Test was encouraging," he said.

The England medical team said last week a scan to Vaughan's injured knee showed no tear damage to the cartilage but, since he has a history of knee injuries, it will be assessed on a regular basis.

Agence France-Presse

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17284997-23212,00.html

Burma's Finest said:
I really don't understand Pakistan fans. Shabbir is, statistically speaking, Pakistan's best seam bowler by a clear margin. He has averaged 5.1 wickets per match at an average of 23 and SR of 50.5. Shoaib's SR is better but his average is worse and so his economy rate.

Rana Naved is an absolute joke by comparison with an average of 77 and a SR of 115. He averages 1.6 wickets per match and probably wouldn't even get a game for Bangladesh.
I really don't understand people who don't understand what is written before commenting on it.
I am not saying Rana is better than Shabbir. But being reported three times, is that not a problem? This needs to be dealt with. Should we have Shabbir in the team and have him bowl only on the first two days of the whole match??? Thats a reasonable solution, right?
He will always have the spectre of throwing on him. No matter how many wickets he takes or how good he is. How many times can he undergo "remedial actions"? I dont know what the answer to Shabbir's problem is, but being called again and again is not good for him, not good for Pakistan and not good for cricket in general.
And try not to judge Rana's record after a total of 5 matches only. His first class record is as good as anyone else, go look it up on StatsGuru. Maybe Atapattu should have been dropped from the SriLankan team after making a pair on debut and should never have played again...

Then again, maybe we should just have Pedro Martinez pitching for us. Solve everyone's problems with chucking by merging baseball and cricket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread