England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Dude we're just saying that if shabbir is bowling well then don't chop him.. This is how our player get worse, getting chopped and then being put back in. It really hurts a player. What have we got againest Malik anyways? Averaging 39 with the bat is pretty good.. If you wanna put Afridi in i would chop Raza because he dosn't deserve to be there.

Pak_cricketer said:
Dude we're just saying that if shabbir is bowling well then don't chop him.. This is how our player get worse, getting chopped and then being put back in. It really hurts a player. What have we got againest Malik anyways? Averaging 39 with the bat is pretty good.. If you wanna put Afridi in i would chop Raza because he dosn't deserve to be there.
Shabbir is bowling well but its not the selection committee that will chop him, it will be the ICC..... and pretty soon too. And when he gets banned for life after that, THAT will hurt a lot more. I have nothing against Malik either, I actually like him.... but if its a choice between putting Afridi or Malik in the team, I feel Afridi can pick up wickets at dull intervals more often than not and his recent record in tests warrants a place in the team. Raza does not enter in the equation at all, because he would be axed to bring Asim Kamal. Can anyone tell me what Kamal had done wrong to not be in the team?

According to BW Asim has had a poor domestic season so he got axed and Raza came in. Asim should have been there in the first place. Now BW has to give Raza a good run because dropping a guy after his comeback test is pure stupidity. Furthermore Yousuf is now likely to play in the 2nd test so the possibility of Asim and Raza playing together is blown out of the window. Lets see what BW does.

Gul or maybe Asif should be called up for Shabbir's replacement. There is a lot of pressure in Tests compared to First Class games (And that too in England). Rana might have done well there but on dead Pakistani wickets he will definitely be tonked around (as we all have seen before). Gul is a better replacement, the guy has proved before why he is one of the best pacers present in Pakistan today.

Last edited:
shahid6995 said:
Shabbir is bowling well but its not the selection committee that will chop him, it will be the ICC..... and pretty soon too. And when he gets banned for life after that, THAT will hurt a lot more. I have nothing against Malik either, I actually like him.... but if its a choice between putting Afridi or Malik in the team, I feel Afridi can pick up wickets at dull intervals more often than not and his recent record in tests warrants a place in the team. Raza does not enter in the equation at all, because he would be axed to bring Asim Kamal. Can anyone tell me what Kamal had done wrong to not be in the team?
Nobody gets banned for life for throwing. And the ICC aren't about to ban him any time soon.

Shabbir will be able to bowl even if sighted as the ICC go through the long process of getting test done on the bowler, examining the results before finally coming up with their verdict.

m_vaughan said:
But isnt it true that he can be asked to leave the field by the on-field umpires during the test match at any point of time?
Not at any time, no.

It works the same as for dangerous bowling, or for running on the pitch in follow through. First time gets a caution, second gets a warning, and the bowler is removed from the attack for the remainder of the innings on a third offence.

I've never actually seen it happen before. Would the umpires have to give a warning to the bowler or would they just be taken out due to previous offenses.

Pak_cricketer said:
everyone gets something wrong now just cause it was bad for england you are complaining if it was good for England you would shut your mouth..

I'd be saying the same if it was an England batsmen in the ashes who got lucky.

Guess we have no choice but to drop Shabbir and put Rana in..

Pakistan ready to discard Shabbir
Shabbir Ahmed
Even after remedial work, Shabbir's action is problematic
Suspect bowler Shabbir Ahmed might be dropped by Pakistan for the second Test against England in Faisalabad.

Shabbir and off-spinner Shoaib Malik were both reported by the umpires in the first Test, who called their bowling actions into question.

Captain Inzamam-ul-Haq said: "It is not good for Shabbir to be reported again. We might decide not to play him.

"We don't want to risk damaging his career. He is already feeling the strain," he added.

Shabbir, 29, took five wickets in Pakistan's first Test win, twice removing England opener Marcus Trescothick who scored 193 and five in the match.

Several of his deliveries in the match, including some during a spell of three wickets on the third day, have been questioned by the umpires and are being scrutinised by the International Cricket Council.

What is an illegal action?

Pakistan have no intention of adopting a defensive approach in Faisalabad after taking a 1-0 lead in the series.

Coach Bob Woolmer promised: "We want to go out there and play hard cricket, not sit on our laurels."

And leg-spinner Danish Kaneria has promised that he will keep England "guessing" after his 4-62 helped Pakistan to victory on the final day in Multan.

"I was able to get four wickets after viewing footage of England's batsmen in the first innings," he said.

"I worked out how to bowl and set fields for them. I bowled googlies and wrong 'uns and that helped me a lot in the second innings.

Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf, meanwhile, has been passed fit for the second Test after suffering a shoulder injury in Multan.

Users who are viewing this thread