England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Still blaming the loss on the pitch. :laugh If you have looked the pitch preview of Day 5 introduced by Waqar Younis and Botham they both said it was a good batting pitch, because the cracks didn't open it. I rather see it that the Pakistani bowlers perform instead of the ongoing stories about the status of the pitch of lack of performance of the English batsmen.

scorpion_rulezz said:
Pakistan (probable)
Salman Butt,
Shoaib Malik,
Younis Khan,
Mohammad Yousuf,
Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt),
Shahid Afridi,
Kamran Akmal (wk),
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan,
Mohammad Sami,
Shoaib Akhtar,
Danish Kaneria

England (probable)
Marcus Trescothick,
Andrew Strauss,
Michael Vaughan (capt)
Ian Bell,
Kevin Pietersen,
Andrew Flintoff,
Geraint Jones (wk),
Ashley Giles,
Shaun Udal,
Mathew Hoggard,
Steve Harmison
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakveng/content/story/226457.html

If Bell plays, I dont think Udal will. If Collingwood did instead of Bell Udal would play.

this comment holds no weight - they are both at their best when they act like steroid-filled baseball players. fortunately for them, it seems to work more often than not - i don't think they're going to change their approach any time soon, because i don't think they know how to.

Utter runish, the both play sensibly (normally) till set, or until they get left with the tail. They've both many long innings in the past.

Suprising result, mainly because the wicket was ideal for seam bowlers (isn't that england's strength?) and the pakistan line-up is short on both batting and bowling. Yet the pakistan batsmen dominated the english bowlers at times, and their bowlers made them look like school boys. It would appear that the poms are finding it hard to adapt to the conditions, and with only 2 tests to go, injuries, child births and family problems, it's an uphill battle for the poms from here.

Pak batsmen dominted Englands bowling???? Really, 270 allout on the first day, where battign was at it's easiest! Apart from Butt and Inzimam, the rest of your batsmen looked as out of form as Englands.

Don't discredit Kaneria, he is a class act - this guy will torment the english for the rest of the series. He and Afridi were awesome when they were recently flogged by australia. He will only get better as the series goes on.

Actually agree with that, don't rate any of your other bowlers..(ESP Aktar, check his wickets..ALL TAILENDERS!)

I don't understand the bit about the poms dominating 4/5 days - it was very level pegging for the entire match in my opinion, with only a single individual effort pushing the advantage slightly in england's favour going into the final day. It was obvious that once tresco was out in the second dig that a collapse was just around the corner. The rest of the english batting order looked all at sea in both innings, their spinners were ordinary and the pace attack only good in spurts. But i'd expect to see the Poms reverting to the mass resting of bowlers between spells to try and fix this.

I'd say England Dominted 8 of the 1st 12 sessions! After lunch on the first Day, England wrre infront all the way until lunch on the 5th day..

This will give india great confidence for their coming series - they are heavy on batting, and will prepare pitches for spin - england's biggest weakness. It will be infinately harder than in pakistan. I predict the pakistanis will hold onto this series, and the indians will go undefeated in the next.

England are still adjusting, they lost more wickets to pace than spin. I know we lost a lot of wicket to warne in the ashes, but he did bowl 40% of all Aussie over and went for a hell of a lot of runs. I'm also not worried about Englands ability to bowl ANY team out on ANY surface (yes sub-coninent is always harder), i think we have the bowlers to bowl any side out twice in 5 days. I am more concerned about Englands batting.

Eddie said:
England are still adjusting, they lost more wickets to pace than spin. I know we lost a lot of wicket to warne in the ashes, but he did bowl 40% of all Aussie over and went for a hell of a lot of runs.

Warne had one of the finest series that any bowler has had in recent history (40 wickets @ 19.95). Obviously you won't face a spinner of that quality in India, but the sentiment that England learned to deal with Warne as the series progressed is an utter fallacy.

Pak_cricketer said:
I was watching GEO and there was a interview with Inzi. Inzi stated that there will be 2 changes to the Pakistan team.

I'd put my money on Naved-ul-Hasan and Shahid Afridi coming in for Shabbir and Hasan Raza.

What other choices do we we have, Aridi is a must on this pitch and he can bat aswell and then theres Rana who has troubled all of the batsmen in CC.

Sando said:
Warne had one of the finest series that any bowler has had in recent history (40 wickets @ 19.95). Obviously you won't face a spinner of that quality in India, but the sentiment that England learned to deal with Warne as the series progressed is an utter fallacy.

You still couldn't capatalise on it though :p

Pak_cricketer said:
What other choices do we we have, Aridi is a must on this pitch and he can bat aswell and then theres Rana who has troubled all of the batsmen in CC.

With Rana, the lack of wickets isn't necessarily concerning, because it can take time when you havn't played many tests, but his economy rate is. He goes at 4.01 in his 5 matches which is poor by anyone's standards, let alone as a opening/first change bowler! Also, conditions in England couldn't be more different to the sub-continent, as we keep getting told! :p

In the end, a full strength England team will be playing. This could be the most important test match for them in this subcontinent tour.

m_vaughan said:
In the end, a full strength England team will be playing. This could be the most important test match for them in this subcontinent tour.
However, so is Afridi.

Afridi can easily turn any game around, although the odds can be slim at times. I wonder if England can actually even draw this one?

Pakistan Lineup has already been announced :

1. Salman Butt
2. Shoaib Malik
3. Younis Khan
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Kamran Akmal
8. Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Danish Kaneria

already announced... but I wont give my source ;)

I bet u 100 of my vCash that this is the lineup, although a last minute change is possible...

if there is 1 change from the team I posted... then it doesnt count, its a last minute change then :P

Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat

Pakistan team: Shoaib Malik, Salman Butt, Younis Khan, Mohammad
Yousuf, *Inzamam-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, +Kamran Akmal, Mohammad
Sami, Shoaib Akhtar, Naved-ul-Hasan, Danish Kaneria.

England team: ME Trescothick, AJ Strauss, *MP Vaughan, IR Bell, KP
Pietersen, A Flintoff, +GO Jones, AF Giles, SD Udal, MJ Hoggard,
SJ Harmison.

Shocking display of batting by Pakistan. This is a batsmen paradise, be patient and reap the rewards later on. Only Malik is doing this right now. Flintoff and Harmison the wicket takers,

Users who are viewing this thread