England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Great stuff all round by Fredo. Malik the only solid one is now out. Pakistan look as though they will lose this one by an inns the way wickets are falling. The English will put on 400, Pak 250 if they are lucky.

holy mole
26.1 Hoggard to Inzamam-ul-Haq, one run, on off stump, pushed to cover
and off the mark with a quick single

quick single? inzy?

People think Inzy is slow, but he is actually a lot faster than he looks. I'm pretty sure he beat Mark Richardson in the 100m sprint. If he actually puts his mind to it he can run a lot faster than his body shows. From what I remember Kaneria is the slowest in the team.

England need to be careful Inzamam and Yousuf Youhana don't take the game away from them. Both are looking very comfortable.

Pakistan 178/3 with 4 sixes off Giles already LOL

Great Partnership ;)

Now this will be a critical session, this match can go either way from here on out. If England get wickets, then they will be in control. If Pakistan don't allow any wickets to fall, and prevent Afridi from coming in till tomorrow, we'll be a in good position I feel Any comments on this?

This is a flat pitch so there is no way Pakistan should get less that 400. Both the batsmen in now who also are Pakistan best are looking good. They have more than enough experience to know not to throw away their wicket. They should aim to be there at stumps. Then tommorow as you said let Afridi rip!

How are you aussies watching this? I saw the first test on fox sports, but to my dismay I had race cars on fox sports 2 and bloody soccer on fox sports 1! I was disappointing considering the aussies vs windies were making an extremely boring attempt to send the test into a 5th day.

I just saw the scorecard. Afridi is hammering England now.

Afridi 59 runs off 52 balls.

Current Partnership: 89 runs, 15.4 overs, RR: 5.68

Somehow I had a bad feeling that Afridi would give his wicket early, since he didn't reach a great score in previous occasions, in the Afro-Asia Cup, Super Series and practice matches, but I guess he proved me wrong.

And I see Mohammad Yousuf and Inzamam-ul-Haq had saved Pakistan again from a difficult position. Good to see Mohammad Yousuf getting runs.

Of the English bowlers Harmison is only bowling good.

But yes, the toss is always crucial. In my opinion the team batting first has a big chance to win the match.

And it's stumps now. Pakistan 300/4 (81.0 ov)

Apart from the first session, Day-1 has completely belonged to Pakistan courtesy to Inzi,Yousuf & Afridi.
What do guys think of Yousuf?s dismissal? Was it (catch) taken cleanly by Ian Bell? Personally I think the third umpire should have been called for such a close thing.

I have to see it for myself, since I am now hearing rumours it wasn't a catch at all.

taimurasad said:
Apart from the first session, Day-1 has completely belonged to Pakistan courtesy to Inzi,Yousuf & Afridi.
What do guys think of Yousuf?s dismissal? Was it (catch) taken cleanly by Ian Bell? Personally I think the third umpire should have been called for such a close thing.

My personal opinion is that it wasn't a catch. I think you can clearly see the ball hit the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread