England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
taimurasad said:
If i am not mistaken, such a thing also happened in a test match vs Bangladesh due to which Rashid Latif was suspended for five test matches!

Yes, he was. I think he was then captain of Pakistan. I think Jones did it also during a Bangladesh Test match in May/June, but he was cleared then.

I am very suspicious of the guilty look on Bell's face when he caught the ball. If he knew he hadnt taken the catch cleanly, he should have said something to the on-field umpires. IMO the PCB should complain about this and see how the ICC take it...

ZexyZahid said:
It depends on Bell knew it or not. If he knew it, personally I would like to see him banned. But the action happened very quick.

Course you would, you're a Pakistan fan.

I don't think he knew the ball had touched the floor, at that speed it's hard to know. Why are you complaining anyway, youre 300-4 after day 1.

If a player thinks they caught it you can't ban them for it. These catches are that close to the ground that you can't expect the fielders to know whether it hit the ground or not.

Anyway I would forget about that and enjoy the Afridi onslaught. He looks like he will get a whirlwind 100.

This current run feast of Afridi is amazing. First against India and now against England. Its a new Afridi in the test arena. Hopefully he can continue this till the WC. As far as Hasan Raza is concerned he can forget the 1st team for now. He missed a splendid opportunity to make his mark in the 1st test and in my opinion he is not a mature enough player.

My Review of the Day

Well, the toss was won by Inzi and frankly a lot of my nerves were settled, I really didn't fancy Pakistan batting last on this wicket. The start was very positive, Butt showed that there's certainly more to his game than the studious (yet correct) approach that he showed in Multan. Malik also looked like he was in business, though England never really let Pakistan 'fly away' with the run rate.

First Wicket: Harmison bowled a decent delivery, it was really quite an ambitious stroke to be attempting but I guess the angle was the thing that did for him.
Second Wicket: Younis hasn't really looked himself all series, the bubbly nature that he showed in India seems missing and this shot reflected his anxiousness to get runs, again good pressure by England
Third Wicket: Malik got a little carried away with the attack approach and the sixes off Giles probably tempted him to play such an expansive shot, but what a catch by Flintoff. It was even better than the one by Collingwood in the Natwest Series.

Then came consolidation, Yousuf was as good as he was bad in the previous match. It was pleasing to see that he was focused on the building of the partenrship rather than playing those elegant drives and flicks we so regularly associate with Yousuf. Inzi remained quite sedate after the break while Yousuf piled on the runs and agony for England, those three fours off Hoggard's one over was quite brilliant.

Bell's inclusion into the attack was quite possibly the first sign of desperation from England and it turned out to be quite a good move. I won't debate the nature of the catch, it was just pure brilliance from Bell to react in such a way. Anyway it brought Afridi and the crowd went nuts. I won't say much about his innings but I think those who haven't really followed Pak's performance over the last year or so will note the improvement in Afridi, particularly in playing those straight shots.

Tommorow's day will be fascinating but surely Afridi's onslaught holds more mental weight than what it is in runs.

Well the new ball was moving around a bit towards the end, so if England can initiate a Pakistani collapse tomorrow morning, then we could be heading for an interesting test match.

But then England will have to bat last again, which is a big disadvantage.

cc2003btw said:
Course you would, you're a Pakistan fan.

I don't think he knew the ball had touched the floor, at that speed it's hard to know. Why are you complaining anyway, youre 300-4 after day 1.

I want to see fairness in the game. Nothing more. That we are on 300-4 doesn't have anything to do with it.

m_vaughan said:
Well the new ball was moving around a bit towards the end, so if England can initiate a Pakistani collapse tomorrow morning, then we could be heading for an interesting test match.

Last time England took the new ball a lot of wickets fell on Pakistan side (second innings in the first Test). And Hoggard really swang the ball today. I hope Afridi eases a bit till the ball gets a bit older. Some are speaking about 500 runs, but I still have yet to see Pakistan reaching 400 runs.

m_vaughan said:

Especially when Pakistan have Kaneria who ripped the english to pieces in the 2nd inns of the 1st test. England will need to get a 200 run lead which will be very hard.

Worry for England has to be how easily Giles is being taken to. England are going to need Giles to take wickets in Pakistan 2nd inns.

Pakistan ar ein a good position. Especially since England have had large batting collapses.

Funny litte Caption I found on Yahoo.
England cricket coach Duncan Fletcher said his team needed to stay focused in every session to boost hopes of squaring the Test series against Pakistan

Attachments

• 051118123706.fbvnixq30b.jpg
    051118123706.fbvnixq30b.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 36
UsmanCHADDA said:
I am very suspicious of the guilty look on Bell's face when he caught the ball. If he knew he hadnt taken the catch cleanly, he should have said something to the on-field umpires. IMO the PCB should complain about this and see how the ICC take it...

The umpires give the batsmen out not the bowler.

This talk of banning him is ludicrous, if anyones to blame it's the Umpire(s).

So if the ICC ban Bell then they should ban Salman butt for being given not out when he was out of his crease.

Ludicrous.

nightprowler10 said:
I have no respect for Bell from here on,

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Read above.

nightprowler10 said:
Bell had to know, the way his hand opened.

maybe he had his eyes closed :rolleyes:

I've said it before.

'The umpire is the one at fault not Bell'.

bell can't give a player out only the umpire can.

The fielder always knows what happened like a batsmen always knows if he nicked it or not and bell is no baby that he deosnt lnow what happend.

Users who are viewing this thread