England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Afridi is gone for 92.. I thought he would get a 100... Inzamam on the threshold of a century

Whats new with Afridi. You always know every ball you could get him. England got him on his 85th ball. But he was going for a very quick 100, had 6 6s already. :eek:

What a stupid way to get out. That probably was the only way the English would have got Inzy. Silly stuff from him, now Pak need their tail to do the goods.

Inzi wasn't out according to the commentators. The law apparently states that if the batsman is not attempting a run and is within his box, but his foot is the air in order to avoid getting hit by the ball, as was Inzi's case, the batsman is not out. So pretty much he was trying to avoid injury while still inside the crease. Terrible way to get out. That's the second dodgy call that went against Pakistan already, both were against in form batsmen. Oh well.

Fair enough, I thought he was out by the usual run out way. This call is a huge one though given Inzy was looking very solid and Akmal can bat.

Anyway Inzy replacement has 21, 3 4s and 1 6 off 19 balls. Very Afridi like.

I am actually quite disgusted with 3rd umpires at the moment. They have the easiest job but theres been a few skrewups.

I presume that Aus-West Indies incident was a mistake with Symonds but it was careless. All the dude has to do is push a button it ain't hard.

I saw a run out given in either the India Triseries with NZ and Bangladesh or the SA-NZ series where there was a runout. The Keeper took the stumps but the bails didn't come off until the batsman had made his ground. That was given.

And this, they don't even know the damn rules. That pathetic.

mohsinshahzad84 said:
if pak score 450 it will be good score and they can fancy their chances to win.
If Sami can hit Flintoff for a boundary like that on such a pitch, England can certainly bat past 450. Pakistan are far away from winning this match.

As I type this, Giles gets Sami. :(

Good on Pak for at least getting past 400. The tail is falling beside Akmal. All he needs is someone to stay with him. They are 19 off 450 with Akhtar in now. If he bats sensibly Pak will get 450.

aussie1st said:
Good on Pak for at least getting past 400. The tail is falling beside Akmal. All he needs is someone to stay with him. They are 19 off 450 with Akhtar in now. If he bats sensibly Pak will get 450.
Akhtar batted for close to 50 balls in the second inning of the last match, and that pitch had more trying conditions than this one. Hopefully they'll stick it out for atleast another 20 runs, which easier said than done thanks to England's fielding.

Akhtar defending well. I was especially impressed the way he handled Flintoff's yorker. Pakistan on 445 now.

EDIT: 1500 posts in this thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread