England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
nightprowler10 said:
If Sami can hit Flintoff for a boundary like that on such a pitch, England can certainly bat past 450. Pakistan are far away from winning this match.

As I type this, Giles gets Sami. :(
kaneria can get more bounce and swing together with afridi as they are wrist spinners. and shoaib can get more reverse swing. if they play good pakistan can win.

Akhtar 25 balls for 0 runs at lunch. Brillant patience shown by Akhtar. This is what I was talking about, if he bats sensibly, he has a good enough technique to block any dangerous deliveries. As a result Akmal is 41, Pak 446. If Akhtar keeps this up and Akmal keeps doing what he is, Pak could make 500.

Obviously a cracker of a pitch, will be difficult for England to win from this point, but if they put together a MASSIVE total at good speed (i.e 3.5 4 runs per over), a win might not be out of the question against this Pakistan side (that has a tendency to inexplicably gift their wickets more often that most).

Strauss gone!!

I hate to boast but I actually saw that one coming. Rana bowls three in a row swinging away from the lefty wide off the leg stump, then bowls one on the leg stump swinging in and takes Strauss by surprise. Rana gets one.

Once again its Bell and Trescothick to the rescue. Naved-ul-Hasan has more than proven his worth for being selected.

nightprowler10 said:
Inzi wasn't out according to the commentators. The law apparently states that if the batsman is not attempting a run and is within his box, but his foot is the air in order to avoid getting hit by the ball, as was Inzi's case, the batsman is not out. So pretty much he was trying to avoid injury while still inside the crease. Terrible way to get out. That's the second dodgy call that went against Pakistan already, both were against in form batsmen. Oh well.

oh stop moaning in the first test we had plenty of decisions go against us. Bell out of a no ball, Butt given not out when he was out of his crease. Just off the top of my head.

Series is over now, this game will be either a draw or Pakistan win. Naved was brilliant for us in the county season. Great bowler very underrated.

Weird dismissal for Inzy, but surely if he's out of his ground/foot up then harmison is entitled to throw at the stumps.

If a batsmen lifted his foot like that to a spinner and the wickie stumped him he'd be out, not alot of difference.

Well played Pakistan.

adthomp said:
teh ashes arnt going to last long for england :P

Nor is your ability to use proper English :p ;)

15 months at least btw.

first test trescothick was was out on 48 too. pak has to make 150 extra run. and stop mourning about first test. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread