England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
iceman_waugh said:
It was a gas cylinder which blew up causing the nearby soft drink dispenser to explode.
When will people ever learn that such things must be handled with care ? :eek:

Yay let's all go and leave Gas Canisters in direct heat in a hot country like Pakistan :rolleyes:

Home side have the advantage. England must make atleast 375-400, which means another 262-287 runs. It is very much possible considering the fact that the pitch still seems good for batting, and that England have Pietersen, Bell, Flintoff and Jones available to them. If any two of these can get going, then we can easily match Pakistan's 462.

A draw looks most likely atm.

hey i know its a tad off topic but, does anyone know the song called where it goes 'Go go pakistani, like dil dil or something? thanks alot

I've not delved into this thread for the past two days as I've been away but I'd just like to weigh in on the Inzi controversy.
No way he should have been out.
I don't blame Harmison for throwing down the stumps (seeing as everyone is doing it these days) but I do blame the onfield umpires for referring it and most of all I blame the third umpire for making a mockery of third umpire TV replays again.
Unless the third umpire going to get the decision right there's no point in having him. I repeat I can live with mistakes from the guys in the middle seeing as they don't have slo-mo, replays etc but not from the third umpire. It makes a mockery of the sport and I'm embarrassed that Inzi was given out.

That inzi runout call defintly cost them, They could of made Alot more runs than they did! boy was he looking good!, They Umps don't even know their profession!

wow what a day of drama. bad luck to inzi - surely the third umpire has a rule book on hand? and how about those catches the poms have claimed so far - bell and tres - where has the sportsmanship gone? and afridi!! after such an awesome game that was the most blatent piece of cheating i've seen since the pakistanis use to ball tamper! that was positively disgusting and he no doubt deserves a ban. did he actually think no one would notice? he was basically down on his knees doing the twist up the pitch! really bad stuff from all involved - the two teams and the umpires.

yes dats really disgusting man....
Though saying it with a heavy heart (being a Pakistani).... but Afridi deserves to be banned for minimum of 1 match..........
Fines i don't know how much works in getting em on the rite path.... but the match ban ... it will definitely work out...

Third umpires have a relatively easy job to do, considering they are getting paid for it. I could do their job. When they have to think a little and have a little understanding about the rules, they make a mockery out of it. I have to admit I would have given it out, but it is their JOB to read and learn the rules and they should definitely have known it.

I just saw this on the local news channel that Shahid Afridi has been banned for 1 Test and 2 ODI's.
As a big fan of Afridi im really disappointed by his act. It was just too silly :noway . Isn?t this penalty too harsh???

I didn't expect that of Afridi.Anyway,tell the ground staff to get rid of those gas tanks!I thought a bomb went off at the ground or something.

What happens from here if a ball hits a length and then keeps low or really bounces?
I just can't believe Afridi would be so stupid as to do in when his team is so clearly on top and it was almost certain he would get caught.

Users who are viewing this thread