England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excellent bowling by Hoggard and dissapointing by SA.I thought after the start to the year they had that things would be different.Great to see Gibbs batting well again,I love watching him when he plays well.England are in a good position,but I think SA are going to thrash them in the next match and I think that this series should finnish level as all the matches have been extremely close.

As for Smith being a wuss,who smacked the English bowlers for two double centuries not so long ago?

Last edited:
Gas, sorry mate, didn't realise my inbox was full:rolleyes: . Better empty it out :) .
As for making your own sigs, just copy whatever pic you want off the net and resize it in whatever graphics prog you use to the correct specs (I use paint shop pro), then add text using the text tool in whatever font you like (you can probably add borders, shading, fading etc but honestly mate, I'm no expert). I'm sure some of the other guys on here can help more :) .

zimrahil said:
Yes !!!, every England supporter is getting 100 bonus reputation points :)
zimrahil said:
Oh, and the 6 members (incl staff) who voted for a South African series win are being deducted 100 reputation points ;)
um.......I voted for both and draw........what do I get???But i knew and wanted England to win..(my biggest bet was on england):D

Gibbsrules said:
As for Smith being a wuss,who smacked the English bowlers for two double centuries not so long ago?

That was over a year ago and he hasn't threatened to do that in this series. In those first 2 tests that year he faced, Gough, Anderson, Harmison (who was bowling like he has for this series, Giles and Flintoff, who weren't as good as they are now, then he got worked out by our 10th string bowlers (Bicknell and Kirtley). No doubt that he played well today with his concussion though.

You know what I find funny as a South African supporter, reading posts by
english supporters? Is just what bad winners you guys are. you could swear you've never won a game of cricket! Underhanded comments"Hoggy SAF destroyer" ,(BarmyArmy grow up son) and childish replays(posting pictures of Graham Smith falling on the ground, very funny, but I wonder how many English cricketers would have come out to bat in the condition he was in today?).

I mean come on "we were robbed in the second test cause of bad light" thats cricket, if it went Englands way you would all be praising the umpires. What a joke. Dont forget that your team is playing a vastly inexperienced team, I cant wait till we thrash the English in a couple of years time, then I'll come back to this forum and read your posts, bitching that nothing ever goes your way.

Oh and -Jonah- we're talking about cricket here, keep your stupid comments about England beating South Africa in Rugby to yourself for gods sake. Id also like to point out that the English did play very well today( helps when bad decisions go your way) and deserved to win this match. Cheers. (please note i have no stupid sig)

Nah...........u both are bad winners and sore losers........Why can't u all accept that Gibbs, Smith and Threscothick batted well, but the remaining middle order collapsed, and that Hoggard was absolutely brilliant, while the other two bowled pure rubbish and that Giles did very well too? It was a great match and in the end Hoggard deserved to win, and I say Hoggard 'cause he lifted the most of the English bowling burden in an injury struck attack.

wow, good come back, :p really didnt expect that one.

You are misunderstanding me, yes England did play well, yes Hoggard and Trescothick played brillantly. My problem lies in the comments that are made and the attitudes conveyed by certain members on this board. Thats all

lukedapuke said:
wow, good come back, :p really didnt expect that one.

You are misunderstanding me, yes England did play well, yes Hoggard and Trescothick played brillantly. My problem lies in the comments that are made and the attitudes conveyed by certain members on this board. Thats all

I apologise for sounding like an Aussie (might as well offend some more people). It's just that we haven't won very often recently and we're not sure what to do...

lukedapuke said:
english supporters? Is just what bad winners you guys are. you could swear you've never won a game of cricket! Underhanded comments"Hoggy SAF destroyer" ,(BarmyArmy grow up son) and childish replays(posting pictures of Graham Smith falling on the ground, very funny, but I wonder how many English cricketers would have come out to bat in the condition he was in today?).

I mean come on "we were robbed in the second test cause of bad light" thats cricket, if it went Englands way you would all be praising the umpires. What a joke. Dont forget that your team is playing a vastly inexperienced team, I cant wait till we thrash the English in a couple of years time, then I'll come back to this forum and read your posts, bitching that nothing ever goes your way.

Oh and -Jonah- we're talking about cricket here, keep your stupid comments about England beating South Africa in Rugby to yourself for gods sake. Id also like to point out that the English did play very well today( helps when bad decisions go your way) and deserved to win this match. Cheers. (please note i have no stupid sig)

Sorry if we're excited about winning. We've had years of of losing and not so long ago, we were ranked as the worst team in the world. Wouldn't you be excited about winning after so many years of failing? Don't worry though, things will be back to normal after the ashes.

lukedapuke said:

I dub you a prat. Anyone of our english batsmen would have come out to bat if they were in the same condition as smith. No doubt they would come out in their normal position. After the game smith said he was fine to bat. Personally it wouldnt suprise me if he was scared of coming out against the new ball, against a bowler who has and will keep expoilting his technique.

I think Jonah was having a joke, stop being a bad loser. If you check previous posts by the english fans on this forum we have been magnaminous in defeat. Just check the icc final against the west indies for proof of this.

As for the second test we were robbed. How can it be bright and the fielding side complain to the umpires about light? Why because they know they will suffer if they dont. How many times did england go to the officials when they were fielding to complain they couldnt see the ball in clear light. Sky commentators described it as a farce, and i think there right. Putting pressure on an already weak umpire like steve bucknor (who has been inconsistent and pretty awfull this series, untill this i thought he was pretty good in his decisions).

As for south Africa thrashing England, well we will see. But history tells you south africa are always a good team, but never a great team.

As for bad decisions going our way Could you name each one of those please? And gibbs was lucky in some respects despite playing well. His lbw was plumb, i can think of other plumb lbw's we had turned down during this match.

Last edited:
I am going to try my first ever sig very soon (hopefully in an hour or so lol), i will dedicate it to this match, and no doubt it will be crap. Thats ok for a first effort stevie :)

Users who are viewing this thread