Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
A fully fit and firing combination of Edwards, Taylor and, perhaps, Powell is a pretty good bowling line-up. Three bowlers who can bowl long spells upwards of 88mph. Seems the West Indies don't really care about spin and never have.

Powell just ruins the attack, he's got an awful record, he doesn't bowl enough decent deliveries, let along spells. Edwards has looked a class above in this Test, and we've already seen what Taylor can do in this series. I've not been too impressed with Benn since the 1st Test, since England have decided to be more positive against him he's not looked anywhere near as threatening. Taylor and Edwards are class when on form, but they've not got the support, and if Lionel Baker is all West Indies have in reserve, then they have problems, although his FC record is improving, and he is taking wickets, which you can't exactly say for Powell atm.

A fully fit and firing combination of Edwards, Taylor and, perhaps, Powell is a pretty good bowling line-up. Three bowlers who can bowl long spells upwards of 88mph. Seems the West Indies don't really care about spin and never have.

If he had someone else than Powell and Bravo was healthy the bowling attack would be really good, and now with a spinner that can bowl somewhat it would be nicely balanced.
This series we have really missed Bravo, he would have made a big difference with the ball.

I remember Powell's full-pint :p delivery to Cook in the ODI in England. That's what he's capable of when on form. Is Collymore retired? Loved watching his action and he was so accurate but got chances dropped too often.

Both Collymore and Pedro Collins have signed Kolpak deals with English counties, so are not eligible for West Indies anymore. I have to agree though, I liked Collymore. Both Collymore and Collins would have been far better than Powell in this series.

Well changes have to be made for the last test no matter the result in this test. There arent many options to replace Powell but anything is better at this point. Benny hasn't done much since the 1st test and we might see Jaggernauth get a chance at home or at least I hope.

He's injured.

Bopara and Ambrose going well here, England to declare at 550 my guess, when Bopara has his 100 if he's still in and Ambrose a 50

Jesus that has a good hit by Ambrose, he's only wee.

ROFL, West Indies haven't studied Ambrose on tapes have they. They're doing exactly what I said they need to do, bowling short and wide. He is playing some nice shots other than the cut though, what happens if he makes a big unbeaten hundred? Where does that leave Prior?

Ambrose is going for it, watch and learn Mr Pietersen :D

Collymore was alright but anyone with the name Corey needs to sort it out, the only way they can balance it out with manlyness is if they change it to Jack Bauer.

Well changes have to be made for the last test no matter the result in this test. There arent many options to replace Powell but anything is better at this point. Benny hasn't done much since the 1st test and we might see Jaggernauth get a chance at home or at least I hope.

Everytime I see his name, I think of this guy:

and it would be pretty unfair to have him in your team.

ROFL, West Indies haven't studied Ambrose on tapes have they. They're doing exactly what I said they need to do, bowling short and wide. He is playing some nice shots other than the cut though, what happens if he makes a big unbeaten hundred? Where does that leave Prior?

Would be interesting to see what would happen but if he should I still think that Prior will come back in and take the place because Ambrose is too one dimensional for International cricket as he relies on wide short bowling.

England still going well here

Shouldn't forget that the pressure's completely off Ambrose. He came in when England were 470/80 odd for 5 and he knows he'll be dropped whatever he does.

Although saying he's one dimensional he's playing some beautiful shots now all around the wicket so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread