Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
What a load of rubbish these pitches are. The Pakistan/SL one was a joke and this one seems just as bad. What's the point of test cricket if it isn't possible to take 20 wickets?
At the current rate we'll only get 2 1/2 innings anyway.

Not sure I would have said 550 but they might continue till Bopara gets 100 or gets out. 600 might be what they're aiming at though.

Get Rav to a hundred and then declare. The pitch isn't really that flat, just West Indies have not bowled well. Fidel Edwards proved if you bend your back you can get something out of the pitch, and I'm confident we can get 20 wickets on this track.

50 for Ambrose then, been really impressed with him in this innings. I thought he was ridiculously 1 dimensional, but he's played bloody well, and all round the wicket. If he remains not out at the end of the innings, and keeps well, then I say shove Prior, let Ambrose stay in the team. Incredibly harsh to drop a guy who performs.

Here are some guys who I think could maybe replace Powell in the last test.

Nelon Pascal:
Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Nelon Pascal

Andrew Richardson:
Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Andrew Richardson

Kevin McClean:
Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Kevin McClean

Lionel Baker:
Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Lionel Baker

Baker is probably the favorite to take Powell's spot since he has been with the team for a while now. I left out Roach because he still has issues with no balls and doesn't seem to be in contention for a spot. There is also Ravi Rampaul but his domestic record isn't all that impressive.

What a load of rubbish these pitches are. The Pakistan/SL one was a joke and this one seems just as bad. What's the point of test cricket if it isn't possible to take 20 wickets?

There have been a fair few of dropped catches, if all were taken, I do think that this innings would be over by now.

everybody that's scored big for England has been dropped at one point or another, some even more than once.

Rampaul has 79 FC wickets at an average of 31, decent economy, fairly decent strike rate. He's got a better record than all of those, and I consider his record better than McLean's considering Rampaul's played more games. I'd go for Rampaul or Baker personally. The others are way too inexperienced, and I don't really rate Baker either, although he has been taking wickets in domestic cricket recently.

Another beautifully timed shot from Ambrose, he's looking in fantastic touch. I actually don't want Prior to walk back in, Ambrose is playing well enough to keep his place for me. I don't think any player should be able to pick and choose which matches he plays.

Come on Rav, step it up, get to ya hundred fella!

It's frustrating because Powell really shouldn't have had this long to turn it around. He has never delivered. His entire Test career has been a form slump. If Powell himself was a selector he'd probably pick someone else.

As a result, one can't be terribly confident that they'll try to pick the right team, even if the right parts are available.

Rampaul has 79 FC wickets at an average of 31, decent economy, fairly decent strike rate. He's got a better record than all of those, and I consider his record better than McLean's considering Rampaul's played more games. I'd go for Rampaul or Baker personally. The others are way too inexperienced, and I don't really rate Baker either, although he has been taking wickets in domestic cricket recently.

Well that's the problem. All the experienced bowlers that could easily get a spot in the team cant play because they signed as kolpaks or played in the ICL in Tino Bests case. And all the other good bowlers in domestic cricket are inexperienced youngsters who just started playing FC cricket.

To mention Collymore hasn't played for Barbados in a while now, he isn't a regular there. They go with Best, Collins and Roach.

Bopara moves to 98*. Please don't throw it away, would love to see him score a ton here, one of my favourite domestic English players. Massively talented.

99* now.

King Pietersen added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Hundred for Bopara. Brilliant innings, so happy for him. Hope this allows him to get a good run in the side, well played Rav! Been on tour less than a week, and has already scored 2 hundreds. Bopara > Bell and Cook.

King Pietersen added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

and he's out. Still a brilliant innings, he had to go for it after reaching 3 figures, just hope we don't stick around and bat for too long. Give Ambrose half an hour tops to reach his hundred, and if he hasn't then just declare. We won't need more than 600.

Fantastic innings by Bopara, he looked absolutely class out there. He deserved every single run he got. Was a great innings to watch. He should never have been dropped in the first place and it's great to see him in the side again, and even better to see him performing.

Users who are viewing this thread